The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
dionwisn

BUYING APARTMENTS SUBJECT TO

CURIOUS ON BEST WAY TO FIND, NEGOTIATE, AND STRUCTURE APARTMENT BIULDINGS USING A MASTER LEASE. ANY POINTERS ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN MARKET TRENDS TO FIND A GREAT DEAL, AND IF ANY OF YOU KNOW OF GOOD RESOURCES, (SEMINAR,BOOKS), TO GET STARTED. WOULD BE MUCH HELP.

Dion Wisniewski

I remember someone years ago talked about how they did this. They simply called all the apartment For Rent ads looking for the owner and asked if they would be interested in selling the building. Then they offered their MLO solution... "I'll take over all the headaches, you'll still get some of the cash flow, and sometime in the next 10 years I'll buy you out."

Dion, there is an author/investor named Dave Lindhal who is well known for his work in the apartment buildings niche. I don't know him, I'm not familiar with his materials first hand, but I do hear his name pop up often when this subject comes up. Google him and see what you think.

Thanks Mike, Ive heard of him through a Donald Trump Seminar, seems to be the real deal.

haha i actually saw him speaking in public when he came to Toronto. He sounded horrible, that day at least.

I just saw David Lindahl give a one day seminar in Florida a few weeks ago. He seemed to really know his stuff, and didn't come across as a "salesman". He seemed very down to earth. He actually actively invests a lot, and looks to partner with his students. I was offered to partner on two apartment buildings he's currently looking for investors for in TX. As like most others, he does offer a course you can buy, along with a separate boot camp.

Dave is a friend of mine and I can assure you he knows his stuff. He currently controls over 3000 units. (Just think if he makes $50.00 per month per unit? Do that math! Forget how good he speaks, he's a very intelligent and informative individual. You can also partner with him to shorten your learning curve.

If you want to get into commercial, there are also several good books on amazon.com you can buy including Dave's new one. You can get all of them for under $20.00.

And finally, Ray Alcorn has a ton of great "FREE" articles on creonline.com. He's another guy that knows his stuff.

And last but not least, DO NOT TRY TO GO COMMERCIAL ALONE! There's no "one person" that can do it alone. The stuff that MC teaches can be done alone, not commercial.

Hope the helps,

Adam