The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
sbhproperties

**Newbie Alert**

Hi, my name is Brian and I am a 24 year old male who enjoys long walks on the beach.

Sorry, wrong site... Hello everybody, my name is Brian and I live in Raleigh, NC. I have been lurking here for a few weeks and have decided it is time to make that first post. I have studied real estate investing since June but just recently started to take action. I signed up for the mentoring program with Michael today so I can get out of this “paralysis of analysis” rut. I want to go ahead and post so I can have some accountability on here as well.

As for marketing, I utilize the following:

1)Business Cards

2)Bird Dogs (Teamwork Lead System)

3)Craigslist, FSBO sites

*I just received bandit signs today and will be running a newspaper ad for 2 weeks starting this Saturday*

I appreciate all of the information shared so far (I feel like I have read every post!) I look forward to contributing very soon as I grow into a successful investor.

Brian

Hi, my name is Brian and I am a 24 year old male who enjoys long walks on the beach.
:blush: Hey, you never know who or what you'll find. . .

Welcome aboard, Brian! :( You're going to do fine.

Hey there, Brian!

I used to live in Raleigh in the early '90s.

Nice place. I'm sure it's grown quite a bit

since then.

Welcome to the dark side. :blush:

Hey there, Brian!

I used to live in Raleigh in the early '90s.

Nice place. I'm sure it's grown quite a bit

since then.

Welcome to the dark side. :blush:

Thanks Jason. I moved to Raleigh in 2001 for college and have been here ever since. It has grown so much in this short time. Downtown is finally being revitalized along with a handful of 20-50 story buildings going up. Overall, it is a good area that offers a little bit of everything.

Hey Brian-

Welcome! You have made the right choice to hang out here that's for sure. Nice to have a Naked Investor as a neighbor here in NC. :blush:

Hey Brian... Welcome I am new too!

As for your classified ad try this... Run two ads on Thursday Saturday and Sunday... Two different telephone numbers and two different layouts... Both numbers will ring to the same number... Run them in the classified section under houses for sale. On one ad put circles around it... The other put upside down... I know it sounds crazy...

Good Luck

Michael Quarles

Steve - Thanks for the warm welcome. I am originally from Lexington, NC. Do you invest there at all or do you stay in the piedmont triad area?

Michael - Thanks for the warm welcome as well as the marketing advice. I will be sure to try your suggestions!

Steve - Thanks for the warm welcome. I am originally from Lexington, NC. Do you invest there at all or do you stay in the piedmont triad area?
I haven't ventured to Lexington. Although there is some of the greatest if not the best BBQ to be had there.

Hey Brian-

Welcome! You have made the right choice to hang out here that's for sure. Nice to have a Naked Investor as a neighbor here in NC. :blush:

Wow mike that sounds challanging I think I will have to try that. I am always up for a new idea! Thanks

Brian welcome aboard,

Now when you go home to Lexington you can write it off on your taxes, just make a few calls on your cell (for evidence) to fsbo. Who knows your location could pay for itself..... :rolleyes:

Brian welcome aboard,

Now when you go home to Lexington you can write it off on your taxes, just make a few calls on your cell (for evidence) to fsbo. Who knows your location could pay for itself..... :lol:

post-6510-1199924733.jpg

Very Nice!!

Brian,

Welcome aboard. I'm new here as well and have really learned some things reading all the posts.

I'm also from Raleigh and have a bunch of deals which you may be interested in. Send me an email at halln27 @gmail.com

Hopefully we can work together in the near future!

Thanks,

Nate

Nate - Welcome to you as well. Anybody with the last name Hall are good people. I sent you an email a few minutes ago.

As for me, I am still plugging away and trying to find the first deal. I know I am getting closer to it. I can already tell that with Michael's help through the mentor program I am making leaps and bounds instead of baby steps. I was split on signing up/not signing up and am so glad now that I did! Hind sight is 20/20...

I was split on signing up/not signing up and am so glad now that I did! Hind sight is 20/20...

Accountability is a strong motivation.