The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
sukrpunch

Keyword Game!

Hey Everybody!

Been awhile since I've been on here! Hope you all are doing well! My new market is keeping me busy as ever. Tons of opportunity. Many Motivated Sellers, but hard to find the ever-so-elusive "Motivated Buyer". If anybody has any tips on how to find this creature, do tell! J/K, I'll scope the forum for tips, as this has been discussed many times before :lol:

The point of this posting is to build a list of as many REI-related keywords as possible. I was reading a competitor's ad the other day and the first couple paragraphs were pretty well written. As I kept reading, I noticed a steady decrease of consistency. His last couple paragraphs were a conglomerate of various keywords and phrases. He tried hard (I assume) to make it all make sense, but I can guarantee that any half-witted English/Grammar teacher would stamp a big fat F on his novella and request a parent/teacher conference.

Anywhooo, this gave me an idea. People tend to stress the need to include as many keywords as possible (in an organized, respectable manner) in our ads with the intention of driving more traffic our way, hopefully resulting in more leads. While we could take the approach this fella did and try to morph them into a working paragraph, I was thinking of a way to simply include a keyword list at the bottom of every ad. As this would likely look tacky, there may be a way to hide the list by changing the font to blend in with the web site's background, say white for CL. Users would be able to see the list if they simply highlighted the text. We could also shrink the font to a microscopic level so it would be near impossible to read (and change font color, if desired). The keywords would still be searchable but would not be as "in your face" as regular type font. Also, freakishly small, hidden font wouldn't increase the size of your ad to the point that a user would be like "WTF, why is this ad so long while there's only one paragraph of text?" while scrolling to the bottom of the page. There also may be a way to guise the keywords in an embedded html format that is still searchable, yet not "visible" to the naked eye.

I don't know, just ideas I've been kicking around the past couple days. I wanted to present the idea to you all to get your input. Any and all input is well appreciated B)

I borrowed some words from the guy's ad and added a few more off the top of my head. I have a busy day tomorrow and didn't have time to add more to the list, so I'm going to give you what I have right now. There are other region-specific keywords we can tweak our own lists with (surrounding cities, neighborhoods, landmarks, etc.), but I just wanted to keep it as universal as possible. The list, in it's current form, is more geared towards Sellers. We need to find some to attact Buyers as well. In order to preserve the integrity of this initial list, I propose that as we post new keywords to simply add your words to a new posting, so that we don't have 6 different versions of the list floating around (I was a Quality Engineer in my former life, so consistency is a big part of what I do :lol: ). Once we've "finalized" the list, I'll compile them into a single file and will send it to you all. Let the games begin!!!

"sell your home", "sell your house fast", "selling home", "sell house fast", "selling a house", "sell house for cash", "sell house", "sell my house", "for sale by owner", "FSBO", "stop foreclosure", "sell a house fast", "sell your house", "we buy houses for fast cash", "we buy houses", "we buy houses cash", "we buy houses fast", "save your credit", "save your equity", "bankruptcy", "paying cash for house", "homes for fast cash", "cash for homes", "buy homes for cash", "cash for your house", "rent to own", "buy a house", "buy your house", "buy my house", "lease to own", "lease option", "lease with option to buy", "save my equity", "cash out equity", "sell my home", "sell my house", "sell my house fast", "sell my home fast", "for rent", "for rent by owner", "FRBO", "save my credit", "preforeclosure", "pre-foreclosure", "pre foreclosure", "short sale", "tax sale", "probate sale", "divorce", "death in the family", "inherit", "take over payments", "owner financing", "creative financing", "relocate", "relocating", "relocation", "job relocation", "moving out of state", "absentee owner", "vacant", "vacancy", "tenant", "prequalified buyer", "pre qualified buyer", "pre-qualified buyer", "landlord", "land lord", "eviction", "evict", "evicting"

Oh, and in case I didn't make whole point clear: I'm basically looking for input on this idea and ways that we can make this keyword list basically invisible to the end user. Time for bed....sheesh!

Merch, I have to admit that when the conversation turns to search engine optimization and related matters, my eyes cross and glaze over. Still, I recognize the importance of it all in this day and age, but I have to wonder how many homeowners do a Google search to find someone to buy their house. I'm sure buyers will do so to a greater extent because of the proliferation of all the FSBO sites available.

I guess my point is that all marketing is good, but we can micro manage it to the extent that it takes time away from the tried and true forms of marketing that have been in play lo all these years.

Or am I just a dinosaur who's time has past and would be better served staying home watching The Golden Girls reruns? :lol:

MC!

Yeah, I know it's digging down a little deep, I just figured I'd throw it there for everybody to toy with. And no, you're not a dinosaur...you're a pioneer!! haha

Take care!

Chris

Merch

My I Buy Houses site www.8778771010.com is #7 on yahoo.... You can view the source and copy it. Good Key words I guess but with Google I am no where to be found... And Michael is correct about people searching... Sure some do but mainly IMHO consumers find us because of our main stream advertising that directs them to our website. Unless your going to spend money on Adwords and compete with the bigger sites selling leads...

I myself like good ole TV, Direct mail and classified advertising... I am a dinosaur too.

Michael Quarles

Don't use keywords?

O, Dios mio, I can't believe my ears..errr... eyes! :lol:

Keywords RULZ.

I've been using keywords on ALL my craigslist ads for yrs and 90% of all my closed deals came from craigslist whom did a search on google for one of the following words:

For rent, rent to own, bad credit, lease option, no agents, motivated, city and state, etc etc etc... I know this because I always ask them how they found my ad and the great majority tells me they did a google search and took them straight to my craigslist ad (which they had no idea it existed).

The number of prospects finding my craigslist ads via google search is growing strong!

Oh and umm lemme see.. Oh yeah, I'm closing deals this way and is only costing me around $0.00 in marketing .. com'n people, they don't call them keywords for nothing... this is really the KEY!!!

If you're not using keywords with ALL your craigslist ads (or any online ads), you're missing the entire point of the power of the internet :lol:

BEV!

If you're not using keywords with ALL your craigslist ads (or any online ads), you're missing the entire point of the power of the internet :ninja:

BEV!

Amen to that, Bev!!!!

Bev is telling it like it is! It's really hard to get your site ranked high. But it's easy to get your craigslist et al ads ranked in the top 10 for your area.

...It's really hard to get your site ranked high.

Speaking of which, check my other thread " Marketing Tips Exposed" in the future and read about how I accidently and without even trying nor wanting am ranking one of my page's popularity high.

To be honest, the page that's getting popular by accident is one of the pages I had forgotten all about and I have people globally linking to it 24/7 without my knowledge in exchange for getting what my page has which they want that I didn't even know I had. I can do this same thing to any page I want to increase my popularity ranking on, globally any time.... This is so ridiculous simple, painfully legal, ironically fun and jaw dropping effective! And the best part is that I did all of this in a non-business environment online unaware of its power.

Can't believe it myself.... I'll get around to it one of these days and explain in details on my other thread as this is some heavy duty stuff and want to work out every single detail first.

"The Best and Most Effective Inventions and Ideas Happens By Accident" ..

By: BEV! Oh yeah, Oh Yeah.. Oh Yeah.. dance.gif

without my knowledge in exchange for getting what my page has which they want that I didn't even know I had.

Bev, :blink::ninja::(:o (please shake monitor to ad Motion to my emotion)

is this one of them there html's

Remember the old Abbit and Costello stick who's on first......

..Bev, :lol::rolleyes::(:o (please shake monitor to ad Motion to my emotion)

Haha! Tony, I swear you're the cutest poster on this planet :lol:

...is this one of them there html's

Yes and NO! But Even my dog can do this while he sleeps! hehe..

Sup DougieBaby!!! hi.gif

BEV!

..I'm sure buyers will do so to a greater extent because of the proliferation of all the FSBO sites available.

Sweetheart, speaking from over 12+ yrs of online marketing experience, I have learned that "sellers" (people selling anything) are the ones conducting most of the search on search engines. Specially real estate in today's market. Sellers are desperate and can not or don't want to deal with agents/realtors.

A seller will do searches such as... " how to sell my house, where to sell my house, help selling my house etc etc", therefore those are some of the keywords to be used on those of you wanting to attract FSBO prospects to your pages.

By the way, I know most of us already know this but for those who don't know, here it goes... the most popular searched for keywords in the world/history on and off line is:......." HOW TO " (how to sell my house, how to sell my house without paying commissions, how to save my house from foreclosure, etc etc), wouldn't you want a share of those local "How To" FSBO prospects to end up on your page? If so, you hold the "KEY" to that too. :lol:

BEV!

Interesting, Bev. I just did a search for "How to get a woman in the kitchen?" But the internet crashed, so I'm still waiting for the answer. I'm guessing it involves building a mall next to the stove, but what do I know? :)

..Interesting, Bev. I just did a search for "How to get a woman in the kitchen?" But the internet crashed,

If you can't find what you're looking for on the net, then it doesn't exist! lilevil.gif

BEV!

Also, if you see it on the internet it has to be true....