The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

Revamped Expired Cards

Hey Johathon...

Remember that direct mailed postcards get mixed up with "Junk Mail" and become belly touchers... And becasue of such you only have about a second to have your message read and more importantly understood...

AND with postcards they can be wrong side up... So here is a copy of my card...

po.PNG

pos2.PNG

As for a personal message I do that with both my Mary letters and my professional letters

Michael,

My name is spelled Jonathan. But to your posts. The above are not POST CARDS. They are Greeting Cards. My post cards are white post card stock. They work for me. I don't Post Colorful Messages that state I BUY HOUSES etc.....never have and never want to. My message is simple and works and has been working for several years now.

Greeting cards are personal in nature and doesn't get caught up with all the JUNK mail like post cards do. My mailing is designed to get them to know me. I do a simple message like,

Dear Sam,

My name is Jonathan Rexford. I am interested in buying your home at 123 main street....etc. That is about it in the nature of things. It goes onto get them to see my website or give us a call.

Hey Guys-

Jonathan, I have picked back up with my direct mailings for sellers this past week. I am sending the naked investor flyer/intro letter and also include a colored broacher. Last year I did USPS post cards.

Regarding your greeting cards how spendy is it? Seems like a great way to stand out using a greeting card, but it takes a bunch of consistent mailings to generate leads and deals. Do you still represent a card company on the side? I would like to get some info. if possible. :rolleyes:

Michael 'Q' So, your the guy "As seen on TV" I know I have seen that ad before. Its got to be legit if it is on TV... :lol:

Steve I would be more than happy to show you the system. It will take about 20 minutes on the phone with you and set up a free gift account. It is not Pricey at all. Here is my direct mail program in a nut shell.

Here is my direct mail program:

I use USPS.com post cards on TWO MAIL PROGRAMS. Out of area owners and Owners with Lots of Equity. I mail about 3-5K per month. I was using Sales Team Live. They have an excellent program. I took back my marketing program because I am doing the investing more part time these days as I am spending more time in the gym and taking 2008 off from work in general. I am cleaning up the list to make it more geographic in nature along with demographics. I need less not more these days. Gotta get health back in order.

Out of area owners get hit once per quarter for 18 months. Then I get a new list.

• I break up a large mailing list in 3rds.

Owners with Lots of equity AKA FREE AND CLEAR once per quarter for 18 months. Then I get a new list.

• I break up a large mailing list in 3rds.

Greeting Cards

Referrals I mail each month. This is my POWER LIST. Meaning everyone that I have ever thought of or had done business with. Attorneys, Accountants ETC. Open up a phone book and start copying names. This list is about 400 people these days.

• I break up a large mailing list in 3rds. Greeting cards as a mail piece.

Follow up I mail monthly. These are homes that I made offers on.

• This list gets mailed each month. Until they say stop mailing or sell. Greeting cards as a mail piece.

Pre-foreclosures. I get this list from court house. This is one mailing for Lender Mediation work. More than 80% cannot keep there home. I am thinking of dropping this mailing and hire door knockers to drop off packages. I get a good response rate but I think I can get better with Packages.

• List gets purged each mailing.

The copy I use is a personalized post card. I mail merge name address in the post card by using NET POST'S system.

I have assortment of smaller lists that I use with the greeting cards. I use Greeting cards for this one and it is mailed once per quarter.

The above expired program runs me $1.03 per card. I set this one up to be mailed for 3 days in a row.

Give me a call at 772-321-2290 if you want more info.

Here is what I also use it for. I sent my entire christmas card list. I also use it to send birthday cards etc. When I meet a seller I will send a thank you card along with Brownies, or cookies.....When did a investor did that? NEVER....lol.

Well that is it for tonight.

Michael,

My name is spelled Jonathan. But to your posts. The above are not POST CARDS. They are Greeting Cards. My post cards are white post card stock. They work for me. I don't Post Colorful Messages that state I BUY HOUSES etc.....never have and never want to. My message is simple and works and has been working for several years now.

Greeting cards are personal in nature and doesn't get caught up with all the JUNK mail like post cards do. My mailing is designed to get them to know me. I do a simple message like,

Man I gotta say sorry.. Didnt mean to spell your name wrong... Heck I cant spell mine at times... All about fat fingers I guess.

As for post cards.... YOU are way off base, but thats okay... I want to type "When your message produces over 200 signed contracts in a signle year then we can talk until then hush" but that would be unfair... So I will just state to you, " keep doing what youre doing and I will keep buying house after house after house"...

Michael

Interesting, this marketing message was developed by Richard Roop and Dan Doran. It has gotten me up to 6-7 deals at one time (man I was nuts). It is proven.

16 deals per month is crazy in my book...lol

In my world 16 BOUGHT deals per month would look like this:

I need to mail 3-4,000 pieces to get 30 calls. I will buy 2 of those 30. So 4,000 x8 is 32,000 pieces going out each month. My mail piece for our county is only 130,000 people with only 68,000 parcels of property and 31,000 of those being Single Family homes.

Talk about math.....lol

If I buy one every 2 months these days I am happy as a june bug.

Hey, I developed a marketing message that generated a 20% response and I was able to close 90% of them. Do I get to sell a course too?

Common guys, I think you both need to chill. The information is good but the tone of these posts are totally at odds with the spirit of this forum.

Common guys, I think you both need to chill. The information is good but the tone of these posts are totally at odds with the spirit of this forum.
Seemingly Doug, but I think Jonathan and MichaelQ have a system that works for them. I don't see my self sending out 32,000 mailings and don't want to be seen as a "I Buy Houses" investor either.

What I am wanting to do with Direct mail is to reach those FSBOs out there that I am currently missing with my current marketing. And do it as a 'one on one' contact similar to email marketing.

Maybe I'll have the Mrs. start addressing and stuffing envelopes...it's only fair...do you know how many pairs of shoes I had to buy last year! sheeesh :rolleyes:

Doug,

Laid out a good point. Being a member of this forum for a few years I guess I get a wild hair up my you know what when I hear someone say what they have is the best and so forth when they have no idea who I am and and so forth. The gauntlet is out the door. No MORE.

Sell courses......yuck. Never wanted to think I was a GURU or a wannabe GURU.

Steve,

When I was playing around with FSBO I drove around on a Saturday and took pictures of houses and sent them a greeting card. I got calls. I did not get a deal out of the 20 or so I sent. Most in my area have no equity. Hell, that is Florida.

Gotcha Jonathan-

I am using Landvoice you recommended last year in getting FSBO leads. It's a great resource.

I used Landvoice in the past by Voice Blasting. I no longer do it as I started getting knuckle head calls. Besides the Do Not Call List usually had the numbers scrubbed on most listings.

So long as it rings with the right kind of leads. I can't stand spending money on marketing and getting the same old "I need all my money out in cash" leads. If I'm ever to spend another cent on marketing for sellers, I need a message that's going to deliver a high percentage of qualified leads.

But I wonder if such a message exists. I swear sellers don't even read these things. You can try to prequalify them all you like but they see only what they want to see.

If that's the case then there's no point in using a qualifying message. You should use a message that attracts the largest response and then you have to weed them out with your qualifying questions over the phone (or hire someone to do it). And if that's the case, then you might as well just call them in the first place! Unless you can't get their phone number or they never answer, or you just want to reinforce your calling campaign.