The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

Revamped Expired Cards

Hey Doug

Marketing is just a numbers game.... I wish it wasnt... As for a message youre right most dont look at it.... Imagine putting this in your ads...

When you need your house SOLD! Yesterday! I buy houses at a discount. And can typically close fast.

And you're adding to the mix that you're trying to

turn every seller/house into a SLO?

It's "difficult" enough to get a seller that's motivated,

but trying to fit 1 solution on each and every deal...

I can see why you're frustrated.

Jason, no I'm not trying to turn anyone into anything. I'm sorting through the thousands of leads to find the ones I want. I don't try to fit my solution to every situation, it's the other way around. If they don't fit they're tossed.

The frustrating part is that I get a lot of "almosts" and they're a huge drain on my time and energy. If I find 1 deal in 100 leads, that's fine. What's tiring is spending too much time on the other 19 who seem to have potential but don't work out.

The 80 no's aren't a problem for me. But those 19...are disappointing and have often thrown me into self-doubt about my methods even though I know they're proven.

Doug-

Today's marketing is next monthsssss deals. You know a seller's motivation increases over time. Today's no or maybe is tomorrow's Ok I'm ready. Don't toss the potential sellers. Keep them in a stack next to your desk or file on the pc and follow up. Follow up with an email or call every few weeks until they flat say "NO go away!"

email:

"I spoke with you a while back about buying your house with a lease purchase. Is your house still available?"

OR

"We are still interested in purchasing you house with a lease purchase." Attached is the short offer.

Don't step over the dollars to get to the dimes.

Steve, when I said "toss" I meant "for now" not permanently. If their house is still on the market they will get another call from me when I get back around to their neighborhood. Of course no one has ever changed their minds, but if I get back to them it's because I've run out of other people to call, so what have I got to lose? :lol:

Doug-

Today's marketing is next monthsssss deals. You know a seller's motivation increases over time. Today's no or maybe is tomorrow's Ok I'm ready. Don't toss the potential sellers. Keep them in a stack next to your desk or file on the pc and follow up. Follow up with an email or call every few weeks until they flat say "NO go away!"

email:

"I spoke with you a while back about buying your house with a lease purchase. Is your house still available?"

OR

"We are still interested in purchasing you house with a lease purchase." Attached is the short offer.

Don't step over the dollars to get to the dimes.

Got an email this weekend from a homeowner I sent an email to back in October, simply asking if he would be interested in selling with a lease purchase.