The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

RETIRED!!!!

Well kinda...

Yesterday morning, I got a tap on my shoulder from the boss man, called me in his office, and was informed that I was being "let go" from my corporate j.o.b. :lol: Seems things have slowed down and seeing how I went part time last year, I'm the first to get the boot! :D

I have decided not to get another j.o.b. and want to officialy announce here that...

I AM A FULL TIME INVESTOR!!!!!!!!

It's here and I can't believe it! I unplugged the alarm clock, got to see my kids come home from school today and signed up an SLO the afternoon of being fired. When I hooked up with the Naked Investor and MC I was deep in debt, in a real estate legal mess and only knew enough about REI to be dangerous. I have come full circle. Thanks to everyone here on the board for sharing your street smarts. This stuff works.

Thank you MC, you da man! :D

Well kinda...

Yesterday moring, I got a tap on my shoulder from the boss man, called me in his office, and was informed that I was being "let go" from my corporate j.o.b. :lol: Seems things have slowed down and seeing how I went part time last year, I'm the first to get the boot! :D

I have decided not to get another j.o.b. and want to officialy announce here that...

I AM A FULL TIME INVESTOR!!!!!!!!

It's here and I can't believe it! I unplugged the alarm clock, got to see my kids come home from school today and signed up an SLO the afternoon of being fired. When I hooked up with the Naked Investor and MC I was deep in debt, in a real estate legal mess and only knew enough about REI to be dangerous. I have come full circle. Thanks to everyone here on the board for sharing your street smarts. This stuff works.

Thank you MC, you da man! :D

Steve:

You will do fine. You did everything smart to start. Now you can kick butt.

Craig

A big congrats to you, Steve!

You certainly deserve it.

Hope everything works out for you, as

I'm sure it will.

Keep us posted on your deals now,

as you will obviously have more time on your hands. :D

A big congrats to you, Steve!

You certainly deserve it.

Hope everything works out for you, as

I'm sure it will.

Keep us posted on your deals now,

as you will obviously have more time on your hands. :D

What was your previous profession?

Steve, a wise man once said, "When one door closes, another one opens". I suspect that's what's at play here for you. You know you've been wanting to get out of the corporate grind for some time now. Sometimes we need that push to complete the task. Someday you'll look back on this corporate downsizing as the best thing that ever happened to you.

Pursue real estate full time now. You already have your business up and running so it won't be much of a transition for you. Enjoy being "gainfully unemployed"! :D

Congrats, Steve! You're a huge inspiration for me. I'm looking forward to the day I can kick my "corporate grind" to the curb. I like to say that "work interferes with my life".

Phil

Good morn I mean afternoon just got up and read this and I have to say it is about time. Remember When one door closes, don't get trapped inside.

Steve, a wise man once said, "When one door closes, another one opens".

I thought a wise man once said "When one door closes, don't get trapped inside".

I bow down!! :D :D

Thanks guys for your replies they do inspire me!

Good morn I mean afternoon just got up and read this
:D Looks like I will now be able to say the same Tony :D you're a mess
and I have to say it is about time.
:P That's for sure! :lol:

Steve,

When I first started I did the exact same thing, but fired myself. I couldn't stand working for other people and being bossed around by the customer. But there's an irony here that you must think about it if you're going to make it.

Number one, we're in a horrible economy and that's the cause for job loss. There's no two ways about it, your income apparently started coming out of your bosses' pocket and you became another mouth to feed. Two, when working for someone you are "giving" yourself, but under their control. Now that you're full time and "self employed", you have to give yourself more than you ever have if you want to succeed, but under your own discipline. This is not an easy task for anyone. We're used to having people tell us what to do and to be 100% honest with you, I love it now when someone can give me a straight answer without me having to think about it on my own. However, being self employed can also be the ultimate freedom to one's self as well as having the ability to feel good about reaching your own goals. "Knowing" you can is much better than "wondering" if you can. Being a participant in life is way better than being a spectator.

If you can remember that every day you wake up, your chances of succeeding will rise exponentially.

And yes, welcome to the wonderful world of "do it yourself"! :angry:

Adam

I stumbled across this post I made in 2008 and realized that tomorrow is the anniversary for when I became "Gainfully Unemployed" and a week before Thanksgiving too, so I thought I would throughout an update of sorts.

It has been 3 years now and who would have thought the housing market would have tanked this bad and for so long, including the economy. Out of the three years of being Gainfully Unemployed, 2010 was a tough year for me. The economy really squeezed everyone and everything in my market. Everyone seemed to be hanging on by their finger nails. I had carpet venders, real estate agents, lenders etc. calling me for any kind of work. Now you know if they are calling this Naked Investor things are tough.

The end of last year I set out with some ideas I wanted to try to boost business. 1) lease option w/owner financing, 2) home ownership program for tenant/buyers, 3) Non-exclusive, w/agent approval, 4) expand into another market. I was able to accomplish all four to varying degrees of success. The credit for the inspiration once again came from here, the Naked Investor: MC, John Jackson, Jonathan Rexford and a lot of faith in God. I do know that I was able to do more deals this year as a result and am on track.

With Thanksgiving next week, I wanted to say Thank you early.

I know that with what I and others have learned here and putting in a lot of work has kept me and mine from being another bad economic statistic. Another really cool result has been keeping sellers from a fate of financial loss by offering a solution to selling their homes with the Lease Purchase Advantage. So yes, not only do we generously receive help here from MC, but it also results in a farther reaching affect by helping others we end up doing deals with. Kudos to you MC

Now that wasn't to mushy ^_^

Inspiring story, Steve. Thanks for sharing. It's more gratifying than you can know to read a post such as yours and have someone give a heartfelt thank you. I couldn't be more happy for you, my friend. There are still yet bigger and better things on your horizon.

That was mushy..and borderline gay Steve...

But...what a great post.

I dont' know that you've ever learned a lick of stuff from ME, but nevertheless, my wife is an educator, and it's amazing to see the kids she has taught run up to her in public when we're just out to dinner or whatever and the obvious gratitude the kids have towards her.

This happens every single time we go out...not kidding.

So, as someone who teaches others how to start a lease option biz, it's certainly taken with great thankfulness from anyone that has picked up solid actionable info and made use of it.

I'm looking to slowly bow out of lease options by the end of next year so I'm looking forward to handing the baton of knowledge off to others that want to pick up where I've left off and it will be exciting to see them build their businesses.

MC is right when he says it's more gratifying than you can know to read a post like that.

It's not easy putting time and effort into helping someone only to see them pursue the next fast cash course and wipe their butts with the time and effort you've put into them.

I'm looking to slowly bow out of lease options by the end of next year
You're doing what now? Why is that...?

That was mushy..and borderline gay Steve...
borderline gay? ^_^ of course how would I know...I'm not the one making those special trips to Frisco there JJ. :P