The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
scott(pa)

finally Back

:unsure: Hello Michael

Its been a while. Last time we were in contact I was having some legal problems. Teaches us all one thing. Everyone needs to go out and find a good RE lawyer before they start working deals. IT will save you a lot of problems. Please dont get me wrong Michaels manual is great and will definately make you succesful if you follow is manual and advice but every state is different so just check with a lawyer for piece of mind if noting else.

Right now I am looking at a duplex within walking distance to my home. The asking price is only 20k It does need some work to get tenants in there. There is a college within walking distance does anyone have experience renting to college students? Just curious.

By the way Micheal while my RE was in limbo because of legal problems I started a new business. What I do is place a display of products in business and offer a 40-70% discount on all items for the employees. The items are only offered to the employees. Its doing great but not as exciting as RE. I had to get back into RE and my heart is pumping on this deal, I'm very excited about this duplex. Well Michael if you would be interested I also have catalogs and I would be more than happy to send you one if you would like one, let me know. Theres been 2 people that have been very supportive of me in RE one is Clair(mo) if anyone knows him and the other is Michael. If anyone does read this and is considering purchasing Michaels manual to get started in Re go for it its a great manual and if your still not sure just hang out and read the post you will learn alot. I would really suggest having a manual before you step out into the real world though. You need a guide.

Good Luck All

Scott(pa)

Hello, Scott, and welcome back! It has been a long time, hasn't it? It's good to read that you have your legal problems behind you. Nothing to do now but look forward and ahead, make lemonade from the lemons that were tossed your way, and be wiser for the experience.

Thanks for the kind words, too. They're always appreciated.

The best thing you can do right now is to plunge back into your real estate career. That duplex might be the best thing for you at this time. As for renting to college students, well, be advised that is usually a high maintenace and hands on experience. I'm not trying to nix the deal, Scott. But, if you're looking for an easy rental that you can place on auto pilot, student rentals are not usually the way to go. Do your due diligence and I'm sure you'll be fine. Best wishes and welcome back :unsure: !