The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Are Realtors Doing That Well?

Is it me? Do I stink? I emailed 14 Realtors over the weekend, trying to find some eyes for me to buy some properties. 14, and one emailed me back to tell me he was too busy right now but would get back to me. That was on Saturday, and I still haven't heard back. A second Agent emailed me to tell me he would have one of his "many team members", :wacko: , contact me. And one did, but he was in the commercial property division and had no idea why my name was passed along to him since my original email specified residential properties. And that's been it. :blink:

Is business so good today that Agents are routinely blowing buyers off? Do they not like me because I associate with Doug?

Rant over. . . :angry:

You're the competition, and realtors think they should have a monopoly, so they don't want to deal with you. Around here realtors pull up bandit signs before code enforcement does.

Competition? How? I'm a potential buyer. Isn't they how they earn their commissions? It's crazy.

And speaking of Realtor monopolies, here's an interesting article about that very subject: http://www.consumerfed.org/pdfs/Real_Estat...lease061906.pdf. Let me just state for the record that I am not anti Realtor. It's just that 0-14 is a bit frustrating.

Around here realtors pull up bandit signs before code enforcement does.
:wacko: That's funny! Maybe they get paid by the sign?

I have always head that the rule of thumb for a good response on direct mail (when you don't have any prior relationship with the recipient) is between 1/2 and 1%. So, with that, it would take between a 100 and 200 piece mailing to expect to reach an agent who would at least like to sit down and visit about the benefits one could offer them.

I've spoken to some realtors lately and they tell me the same thing about being way too busy with all the deal closings (do they mean meeting their quota?)

I noticed that one of them was actually too busy handling all the gazillion foreclosures we have here and maybe that's what they're referring to when they say they're too busy? :wacko:

BEV!

You're so famous MC you may need to change your name.

They know who you are :wacko:

Hehe. True dat, but I tell 'em my name is Doug, and that I'm from Ontario. And still no Realtor love!

He said "true dat"!! :angry:

:blink::wacko:

Hehe. True dat, but I tell 'em my name is Doug, and that I'm from Ontario. And still no Realtor love!

Doug? There's your problem! :wacko:

Phil

p.s. Just kidding, Doug.

Actually MC, realtors are very busy these days. See you expect them to contact you between delivering pizza and picking up the shopping carts at Walmart. I mean we are very busy. :angry::wacko:

Actually MC, realtors are very busy these days. See you expect them to contact you between delivering pizza and picking up the shopping carts at Walmart. I mean we are very busy. :blink::wacko:
:angry: I knew there was a reason! Thanks for the inside info, JR. :P

it depends on the realtor. I am working with one outa state that is in a real slow market, but he thinks outside the box and is busy all the time.

Too bad I'm only reading this thread now :D

Do they not like me because I associate with Doug?
No question about it, that's your problem right there!

Truth-be-told, so long as I don't mention the words: "rent", "lease", "option" or "investor", realtors are all over me like hot fudge on ice cream. My secret formula for getting all the realtors you need lining up to work with you will be revealed in my upcoming book:

How to Turn a Self-Important Mindless Zombie into Your Real Estate Investment Cash Cow in 7 Easy Steps

Should I go ahead and put you down for two, MC?

Greetings to all!!!

I'm a newbie to the forum and have my RE license in South Carolina. As of 6 months ago, I started taking seminars, reading books, & listening to podcasts so that I could speak intelligently to investors like those on this site.

I've been reading many of the forum topics for a couple weeks now and I sense sarcastic undertones when speaking about licensed agents/Realtors.

Unfortunately....most of the ones around here have had a reality lobotomy procedure. I, however, escaped along with Charleston Heston. On my little "Planet of the Apes" i'm finding it difficult to communicate with my fellow agents. :glare:

I'm looking forward to networking with other like minded individuals on this forum and cannot wait to share my experiences and questions with you.

Thanks in advance,

Darin