The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
sell4freedom

Please Help with CAs

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone here only do Coop Assignments? If so, how do you approach a seller. What is the best way to try to convince them to do a CA? I've been looking for advertising material and scripts. I do have Michaels course and it is wonderful. I've also been searching the archives. I'm just looking for some additional info that is strictly CA related. Me, my wife, and our future child will greatly appreciate any information you can give us.

Thanks,

Patrick and Anna

Hi Patrick,

To answer your question about convincing sellers, the answer is--you don't. :wacko: There is either motivation there or not. Granted, the type of sellers you do CAs with aren't usually motivated in the way a person in pre-foreclosure, for example, is.....but the key is offering the benefits of a CA to them: no commission to pay, no drastic purchase price discount, top of the market rent, little involvement in maintainance and repairs, tax benefits of remaining on the deed, etc......

Any specific questions you have pertaining to the workings of a CA deal will help us help you better.

C

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone here only do Coop Assignments? If so, how do you approach a seller. What is the best way to try to convince them to do a CA? I've been looking for advertising material and scripts. I do have Michaels course and it is wonderful. I've also been searching the archives. I'm just looking for some additional info that is strictly CA related. Me, my wife, and our future child will greatly appreciate any information you can give us.

Thanks,

Patrick and Anna

Hi, Patrick. First, welcome aboard!

What Christine said I couldn't have said any better. There really isn't any convincing needed. If you're at that point with a homeowner, the likelihood of the deal goin' down is slim. You'll have to explain things, educate them. But hitting a homeowner over the head never works.

Find the time to do a thorough search about CA's here, and you'll have many a night's worth of reading material. And when you have a specific deal and related questions, post 'em up. You'll receive plenty of support.

Thanks for the info Michael and C. I am in the process of searching through the archives now. My plan for this weekend is to place an ad on my employer's intranet for tenant/ buyers. My goal for Monday is to call 5 expired listings and see what happens.

Thanks,

Patrick