The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

Craigslist

I have had a lot of trouble getting ads deleted. I finally found out that Volunteeers . look for ad s that are not placed about a specific pc of property. and links are sometimes a violation . anyway they told me If I had 6 properties to put in 6 ads rather than lumping them together. so ok that 6 times some one sees my website address. .

Here is one of my ads:

This 3 bed 1 1/2 Bath Home has a large metal workshop,a large in ground swimming pool,and 5 beautiful acre's for mini farming or just enjoying the county life. Large oak trees Garden area. Great home for someone self employed.

Rent-to-own/ Owner Finance , No Credit check. Go to http://www.schouses.net/rent_to_own and click on the orange button for more information and pictures.

Was wondering how you guys are adressing your messages to sellers on craigslist especially FRBO's. I just cant seem to get any bites with my pitch. :P I usually just inquire if their willing to sell and if so with a L/O, and give them a link to my website.

Dion, I think the focus in thread was on advertising properties for sale, rather than seeking out sellers.

That said, your ads to attracts homeowners need to be fleshed out a little more than what you described. Tout the advantages of what you are proposing. Make a homeowner think that you might be able to help them. If they don't think so, you're not going to be contacted. And remember to keep your ads active. Tweak it every other day or so, or it'll fall off the charts and into the cybersphere, never to be seen again. . .

In a related question...........

Do you (ya'll) feel like the tenant/buyer leads you receive from Craigslist seem to be more qualified/knowledgeable than those leads received from typical wild card tenant/buyer ads in newspapers?

Do you (ya'll) feel like the tenant/buyer leads you receive from Craigslist seem to be more qualified/knowledgeable than those leads received from typical wild card tenant/buyer ads in newspapers?

Here are my thoughts for what they are worth. In print media you can only have a 4-5 line ad and an info line. With Craigslist you have more space pic's etc and really tell the story. If someone raises there hand I would give them more credit than one out of the paper in away.

But in print media, if you drive all info to a 24hr info line to give your info about the property and then they drive by the house to see it, I will give them more credit than I would someone off craigslist.

It really depends on what and how you present your informaiton. I do print ads. I drive all information to a Live person. That person takes the lead and then a call is made back to that person in regards to there buyer profile. We are then able to establish more contact and give them access to the house.

In the past we would just leave it on a pre recorded info line and say go look and if interested then call the number on the sign.

Since buyers are harder to get we want to talk to them.

Most definately. Most of my advertising is craigslist and with bandit signs. With signs I recieved some of the most ubsurd calls and people with litlle Option Consideration. As MC calls them just "tire kickers." :glare: With craigslist more knowledgable people and have a thirst to buy.

DION

Most definately. Most of my advertising is craigslist and with bandit signs. With signs I recieved some of the most ubsurd calls and people with litlle Option Consideration. As MC calls them just "tire kickers." ^_^ With craigslist more knowledgable people and have a thirst to buy.

DION

Possibly true about the quality of Craig's List respondents. But I have received my share of wackos emailing me from there. :glare:

"With 25 employees working out of Victorian houses in San Francisco's Inner Sunset neighborhood, the site has grown from 1 billion page views per month in 2004 to 9 billion per month now, according to Craigslist. It hosts 30 million new classifieds a month, most posted for free."

9 Billion?! :o:P That's a lot of eyeballs reading our ads.

My, My Stevie.. how right you are <_<

Looking back now, I remember when Craigslist was barely starting out (I think I was their first customer :P )

I was selling one of my cars back then and I remember I needed local marketing only and back then it wasn't very popular.

Some how I got an email from Craigslist introducing their site to place ads but back then they only had ONE category and everything was placed in that one category LOL

Anyway, what really makes me laugh looking back now is that back then the only way I could post on Craigslist was via email only, I would send Craig an email with my ad and he personally would post it for me because they weren't capable of doing it any other way.

I sold one of my cars that way and then about a month later he would send me an email wanting to know if my car was sold so he could delete my ad and also asked me if I had any other ads I wanted to post to email it to him so he could post it for me.

Oh my, and to think I knew him when....... :o

BEV!

That is pretty amazing. I remember when my city finaly got a listing on Craigslist and there were only FSBOs. On a good day maybe 5 real estate postings.

Well BEV! you have seen Craigslist from about the start. Maybe they should add a BEV! catagory or better yet why not start....

BEV!sList

<_<

Anyone having problems with craigslist? I have not posted ads in awhile. But I added 3 properties today and they don't show up. Does craigslist block ads or accounts?

I did in the past having a few ads deleted because they were miscatorgized.

Thanks for the help.

I would contact Craig (the owner) or the Company he is very responsive to all concerns and a nice guy. Forgot why I emailed him and got a answer right away with a nice conversation. KIND OF LIKE A MICHAEL C. fellow. <_<