The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
vballdarin

Your fired because you needed to smile a little more...

True story....

A Waiter (((who will remain nameless))) who has been doing this for 7 years, is the lead server, trains all incoming staff, is told by management that he "does a great job with all the guests that come in to eat", has the second highest monthly check average per guest, goes out of his way to help the rest of the staff by staying late, rarely makes mistakes ringing in food or forgetting things, jokes around and is liked by the front & back of house staff, gets told that because he doesn't smile enough with the owner, that they are going to have to let him go. :ninja:

And people wonder why i'm sacrificing day and night to work for myself.

Well.........no excuses about not having enough time to work on investing. LOL

(((Clicking heels together)))

"There's no place like working from home.....There's no place like working from home......There's no place like working from home................."

Sorry.....I just needed to vent a little.LOL

If I could talk to your waiter friend, :ninja: , I would tell him or her that sometimes when one door closes, another one opens. Embrace the change. I suspect you'll look back on this someday as a turning point in your life. I was fired way back in the day for being the world's worst salesman. Decided to purse real estate full time, and have never had a boss to answer to since. . .except for my wife. But that's a whole 'nother story. . . ^_^

Well.....i'm actually looking for one of those girlfriend/wife/bosses too. So, if you know of any good ones....send them my way. :ninja:

Well.....i'm actually looking for one of those girlfriend/wife/bosses too. So, if you know of any good ones....send them my way. ^_^
There are plenty of women available. But if you insist on a "good one", well, now you're asking for too much. :ninja:

I guess finding a girlfriend is kinda like finding a "ok" tenant/buyer who has barely 2% option money versus a motivated tenant/buyer who has 5% option money.

Man.......the market isn't what it used to be. :ninja:

Like real estate, it's a buyers market where women are concerned. Prices are coming down as we speak, inventory is up, everything is negotiable. :ninja: