The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

How's Business

Steve, not much of a problem for me to pick up deals. I scored three in the past ten days. The difficult chore these days is finding any takers. Three CA's and barely a response on any of them, despite my usual marketing. I'm primarily using the various free online sources: Craig's List, Backpage, Kijiji, and Postlets. And I even got all three homeowners to agree to a straight rental on their respective properties, too, to help get them filled. Still, it's slow going. Here in south FL, seems everyone is wary about how far down this market will fall, so few want to buy or commit to a Rent To Own. Can't say I blame 'em.

Hi Michael, I haven't been watching the board lately and thought I would stop in and might offer some help to your subject "trying to get qualified buyers". Back 4 years ago when I attended a Robert Allen seminar (don't anyone get sucked into this waste of money) we had a speaker from he Dayton Ohio area who uses large items to draw clients in. If the deal is right he might even use a large screen TV, washer dryers etc. as a draw for getting good quanified buyers to the table. You can get older larger screen TVs for under a $1,000 without to much trouble at REX etc. For example you need to think of the statement "some money is better than no money". In these trying times many autodealers use this same red flag to increase sales. Blah Blah Blah. Just a thought if the numbers work in a bad time.

Just as an update I have been doing my own thing using your LO nakedness and small development projects wrapped in Land Trust contracts. Been using my own contracts and Trustees to put the deals together. Burnt out landlords have been good deals, hold, rent and list the property. If it selles great if not wait the market out.

Hi, Craig. Good to hear from you again! I'm seeing all sorts of gimmicks and giveaways to spur on business. True story here in my neck of the woods: a local Dodge dealership, trying to unload inventory, is running a Buy-one-truck, Get-One-Free campaign. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it: 2-4-1