The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
GetSmart

Craigslist losing its juice in the RE segment.

It'll be interesting to see just how many Agents accidentally post an ad without noting they are licensed.

They've already started. Its seems to be the same fool that flooded the boards when CL had the old rules.

There.. IS DONE! My area now has "Real Estate By Owners" section and "Real Estate By Realtor/Broker" section.

(hope this applies to the entire Craigslist community not just in my area)

Any other requests?

I knew it was you BEV! ;) when I saw this in my area's CL too!

BUSTED!!!!!! :P

FluffyPinkHandcuffs-300.jpg

I'm not seeing anything different in my areas on CL.

It seems that the agents/brokers cannot tell the

difference between "by owner" and "by broker", as I am

seeing listings/ads being placed by brokers under

"by owner".

I guess this means we can list our properties for free in the MLS

without dealing with the idiots known as real estate agents and brokers? :P

Also, I've been speaking to someone who makes

a nice living with CL, that has told me CL will only

allow you post ads in your city only now.

Is this affecting anyone here on the boards as of yet?

Mr. J,

I've been making a healthy 100% full time living off CL alone for the past 4 or 5 yrs also and I've learned many things through the yrs.

I've learned that if you create a CL account and use it to post it, then CL can manipulate the poster as to when to post where to post etc.

I never use my CL account to post if I want to be in control of my ads.

I know for a fact that most of CL (excluding the Real Estate Section) does require the phone verification so CL can control who posts where and how many times.

I've been posting where ever I wish for my R.E biz with no problems at all whatsoever!

There are ways to work around CL restrictions without breaking any serious CL policies nor abusing the system.

For instance, CL is a 100% "Text-Based" site... By this I mean that CL keeps track of every word and number we use in our posts. If IT detects that we used the same word or phrase twice in 2 or 3 different ads in 1 day then IT will delete it automatically or it won't post it.. period!

An example would be to change the format of our text like our phone number for instance per ad, like this..

Ad 1: call (123)456-7890

Ad 2: call (123-456-7890

Ad 3: call 123)456-7890

Ad 4: call 123.456.7890

And so on..... These minor changes will bypass CL's detection.

As long as we don't abuse the system, then we're good :P

BEV!

I've been making a healthy 100% full time living off CL alone for the past 4 or 5 yrs also and I've learned many things through the yrs.

Do you get sellers as well as buyers from CL?

I never use my CL account to post if I want to be in control of my ads.

What am I missing here? I thought you had to have a CL account to post on CL.

What am I missing here? I thought you had to have a CL account to post on CL.
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that an account is optional.

BEV!-

What other kinds of things do you do on CL in-addition to real estate, if you don't mind me asking?

BEV!-

What other kinds of things do you do on CL in-addition to real estate, if you don't mind me asking?

Check out the personals, Steve. :blush:

BEV!-

Steve, I've only done Real Estate 100% on CL

Admin, BWAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Seriously, the best place I have found to meet very fine professional men is at the grocery stores.

OMG! I have met some of the finest men there lately.

There's nothing sexier than to see a man in a suit doing groceries at the store and then watching him cook mmmmm :blush:

BEV!

BEV!-

Steve, I've only done Real Estate 100% on CL

Admin, BWAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Seriously, the best place I have found to meet very fine professional men is at the grocery stores.

OMG! I have met some of the finest men there lately.

There's nothing sexier than to see a man in a suit doing groceries at the store and then watching him cook mmmmm :blush:

BEV!

Sorry, Bev, but I must disagree. A man in a suit, cooking for a woman, is the height of sadness. On the other hand. . .post-1-1218723383.jpg . . . this is quite an appetite stimulant.

Just wondering, how many sellers do you find on CL?

I'm new to this whole scene, and personally I can't find one.

They are either realtors or homeowners already represented by investors like us.

Is it easier for you to just call on newspaper ads/yard signs you see in your area?

Most every deal I find comes off Craig's List, followed by Backpage and Kijiji.

I find the newspapers are a dying medium these days. The internet is free or much less expensive than newspaper advertising. Where do you think most homeowners go to list their house for sale or rent?