The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

How To Sell Your House In This Market!

This is what is meant by Naked Investors!

Purchase home, swim nude

Complex gives buyers chance to shed clothes

By RASHA MADKOUR

The Associated Press

June 21, 2008

TAMPA

Free upgrades and paid closing costs not enough incentive to buy a condo in a sluggish housing market? How about nude swimming and sunbathing?

The developers of Arbors at Branch Creek, a Tampa condo conversion, are hoping a clothing-optional pool will attract buyers.

"We know there are people out there who will enjoy this amenity," said Christine Pirkle, director of sales for project-developer Eden Condominiums. "It's just become more accepted, and people who want this option don't have very much of it."

She noted that only some Florida counties allow nudity on beaches.

"Here, at least you have the choice," she said.

The complex's Web site shows a bare-backed woman meditating next to a steaming hot tub, and promises: "You're going to be very comfortable with our dress code..."

A second pool on the property will require clothing. No one younger than 18 will be allowed near the clothing-optional pool area. Pirkle has planned for tall, dense foliage and plenty of warning signs to surround it.

"There will be no mistake that you are entering a clothing-optional area," Pirkle said.

How soon the pool can be ready depends on when Florida's notoriously rainy summers let up long enough to do the necessary landscaping.

The complex's 390 units run from $170,000 for one-bedroom condos to $385,000 for three-bedroom townhouses.

Pirkle said one renter has committed to buying her unit because of the pool, but another with a young son is considering moving because of it.

The company will pay to transfer tenants to a sister property if their lease isn't up and they are uncomfortable with the pool idea, Pirkle said.

Copyright © 2008, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

I have been toying with the idea of relocating to Tampa. This may be my chance. B)

Keep in mind, Darin, that FL is the Senior Citizen state. Picture a tanned, leathery skinned retiree from NY with a bad attitude, sipping a spiked lemonade while playing Mah Jong at poolside. B)

Keep in mind, Darin, that FL is the Senior Citizen state. Picture a tanned, leathery skinned retiree from NY with a bad attitude, sipping a spiked lemonade while playing Mah Jong at poolside. B)

That makes for a horrifying visual, MC. However, maybe they can leave the poor 'gators alone and use the surplus of these folks to make high-end handbags and wallets :glare:

Keep in mind, Darin, that FL is the Senior Citizen state. Picture a tanned, leathery skinned retiree from NY with a bad attitude, sipping a spiked lemonade while playing Mah Jong at poolside.

Worse yet her 350 pound hubby with more hair on his back then his head..... B)

Not at all, Gordie. There is no shortage of Golden Girls down here. If you play bingo and have an AARP card, you'll be fighting them off with your cane!

Mc

I don't think I am that old. You just spoiled the dream for me; I always imagined you as the guy sipping Coronas in the sun looking at beautiful bikini babes while his wife is not looking ;)

I don't think I am that old. You just spoiled the dream for me; I always imagined you as the guy sipping Coronas in the sun looking at beautiful bikini babes while his wife is not looking

Fear not!

This is an accurate description.

I can vouch for our fearless leader.

The Golden Girls comment was to keep his current and potential

stash of chicks to himself.

I don't think I am that old. You just spoiled the dream for me; I always imagined you as the guy sipping Coronas in the sun looking at beautiful bikini babes while his wife is not looking

Fear not!

This is an accurate description.

I can vouch for our fearless leader.

The Golden Girls comment was to keep his current and potential

stash of chicks to himself.

I can fool most folks, most of the time. But there's no gettin' a chick story past Jason. Busted. . .;)

Guess I'll have to keep some of my girls on ice. . .

post-1-1214484852.jpg

Dude!....you've been holding out on me....telling me it's a "soft" market for women. It's like I don't even know you anymore. Oh, wait. Nevermind. I've never even met you. ;) Carry on then......

Mc

I knew you were holding out on us <_< now I am going to have to go for a visit all I see here in Alberta is chicks in coveralls ;)

Mc

I knew you were holding out on us <_< now I am going to have to go for a visit all I see here in Alberta is chicks in coveralls ;)

You must be hangin' in the wrong neighnorhoods, Gord. . .

post-1-1214580355.jpg