The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
The Real Deal

Anybody deal with Joe Crump

Hello all! Just seeing if anyone here has had any successful deals while being mentored by this guy Joe Crump? His prices seem a little steep and it almost seems like he is just in it for the money. His mentoring program is $10,000 and he has a monthly newsletter that is $39.95 per month

Hello all! Just seeing if anyone here has had any successful deals while being mentored by this guy Joe Crump? His prices seem a little steep and it almost seems like he is just in it for the money. His mentoring program is $10,000 and he has a monthly newsletter that is $39.95 per month

I used to get his emails all the time. He seemed to give very broad generalities and not much detail, but then again he was trying to sell his mentoring program. At one point he asked for any real estate investment "success" stories, even if they didn't have anything to do with his program. He was giving away something free if you submitted something (don't really remember what it was), so I described a flip I did with some partners a few years ago. A little while after that I saw myself quoted on his website saying how much money my partners and I made on the deal (a very small excerpt from what I had written). The way he presented it, it made it seem that I had used his system to make that money, when in fact it had nothing to do with him, and I never did anything more than read his email advertising. I never subscribed to or purchased any of his programs. It was at that point I questioned all of the other things on his website.

Make your own decision!

I've heard Joe's name kicked around a bit, but I am not familiar with his materials or his programs. Generally, I see $10K as a bit steep for any mentoring program. On the other hand, if it gets you where you want to go, then it's worth it. As always, your due diligence is required.

don't waste your money, i reviewed one of his courses where he claimed it would be 150 pages of pure content. When i ripped open the booklet, i was very disappointed to see a photocopy of one sided pages with fonts sized of around 48. shocked003.gifEach page probably had 3-4 sentences. the audio he provided was completely useless since his $500 course was basically upselling his other courses. i think at the time i would have had to buy all three courses just to get a sample of what his mentoring was like.

i think in his advertisements his hyped up three methods to get the phone ringing with motivated sellers within 20 minutes of pushing a button. basically wanting you to look up ads in the newspaper and send them a message, also place a we buy houses ad in the newspaper which we all know is a waste of money. he wanted you to place your ad in the paper and leave it there for at least 6 months. last method was to place bandit signs with the same we buy houses ad.

then basically sale the houses the same way you contract them, newspaper ad, bandit signs, and send messages to previous buyers. there yu have it, one of his courses in a nut shell. i think he may have used the same amount of text but blew up the font. this is exactly how i felt when i opened the box. shocked016.gif. it was a jaw dropping moment and with the feel of being duped.