The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
apbowman

1st complaint to BBB..now what??

Ok so I have this home owner who got all pissed off because a deal did not close do to the end buyer not getting financing. Basically I put an option to purchase on the property. Once I found an end buyer I entered into a purchase contract with the home owner had her fill out a Irrevocable Contract Release Agreement and Irrevocable Pay Order Agreement ( so I get paid the difference between the two contract). I then had the Seller and new buyer enter into a contract together and I was to be paid the difference. So my end buyer gets a pre-approval letter from the bank and we are told that we could close on or about the 27th of the month and that everything still has to go to underwriting. Well the deal falls apart because of the end buyer writes to much off on this taxes. So this all took place between March and May of this year. So the home owner files a complaint with the better Business Bureau. I just want to know what could come of this should I get my attorney involved??

Ok so I have this home owner who got all pissed off because a deal did not close do to the end buyer not getting financing. Basically I put an option to purchase on the property. Once I found an end buyer I entered into a purchase contract with the home owner had her fill out a Irrevocable Contract Release Agreement and Irrevocable Pay Order Agreement ( so I get paid the difference between the two contract). I then had the Seller and new buyer enter into a contract together and I was to be paid the difference. So my end buyer gets a pre-approval letter from the bank and we are told that we could close on or about the 27th of the month and that everything still has to go to underwriting. Well the deal falls apart because of the end buyer writes to much off on this taxes. So this all took place between March and May of this year. So the home owner files a complaint with the better Business Bureau. I just want to know what could come of this should I get my attorney involved??

Sorry, but I might have been able to have responded, but that Avatar distracted me -- actually it is very blinding! Therefore, your first order here is to change your Avatar in order for someone to concentrate long enough to help you out!

Okay here you go. Understand that the BBB is just a PROFIT organization. It is not some law or state agency that will come into the night to do something. Now with that said you can go ahead and answer the complaint. What ever you do don't let the mediator ask for paperwork. Answer the complaint just as it was filed. No more or less. I believe that the person that did the filing then has 30 days to respond and if not it goes into a closed transcation. In the complaint what I would also do is ask that all information relating to your personally be removed.

If you try to answer all this Pay order stuff and Flip stuff I will tell you up front you will be GUILTY.

I like the avatar.

Don't sweat it. I have had them filed and I always won and it went away. Just be honest and truthful but be to the point of your answer. If you do get an attorney I will have them send a nice letter stating that you will sue for defamation (if something in the complaint is wrong).

Aaron, JR is right. The BBB is just a for profit organization, with no legal clout whatsoever. Just respond as he said, and this will go away. Besides, how many homeowners do you think will ever first check with the BBB before doing a deal with you?