The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
morganREI

Oil & Water

A week ago I went to one of those Realtor web sites with a BB forum like this but for Realtors.

I thought I could get a Realtor's perspective on working with someone on lease options. Thought maybe I could figure out how to work with Realtors where they would feel comfortable.

Well, this was a death sentence. I tried to approach in a non threatening manner. I didn't claim to be an investor and I even said a few positive things about Realtors.

Talk about some real Jack ***s! There were over 125 views, but no one answered any of my questions. I got slammed and ridiculed.

I got to thinking about that guy from this site that is a Realtor but gets no respect from his co-agents or broker. (until now bc he went to a new agency)

Can't say I'm surprised, morgan. You ventured behind enemy lines, at least as far as the Realtors are concerned. Especially these days, with commission checks so far and few between, I imagine they are working with very short fuses. I suggest if you go back there, do so for entertainment purposes, not for any source of reliable or unbiased info.

I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the same topic. ~ Lisa Alther, Kinflicks, 1975

Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.

~ Samuel Johnson, quoted in Boswell's Life of Johnson (1709 - 1784)

A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man; it is what he wants and must have to be good for anything. Hardship and opposition are the native soil of manhood and self-reliance. ~ John Neal

And my favorite.................

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

~ Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)