The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Google Chrome

Anybody else tried Google's new web browser Chrome? I've been testing it out a bit today. At first I was having trouble connecting to any websites, but that seems to have cleared up on its own. The browser looks pretty good, nice simple interface, some cool features like being able to drag a tab to make it a separate window, the search engine of your choice built into the address bar, auto-complete for frequent searches as well as from your own recent visits and favorites, and your default home page is basically a list of sites you've recently visited.

Anybody else tried Google's new web browser Chrome? I've been testing it out a bit today. At first I was having trouble connecting to any websites, but that seems to have cleared up on its own. The browser looks pretty good, nice simple interface, some cool features like being able to drag a tab to make it a separate window, the search engine of your choice built into the address bar, auto-complete for frequent searches as well as from your own recent visits and favorites, and your default home page is basically a list of sites you've recently visited.

It uses WebKit, but doesn't work on Mac. For now: :P

Haven't tried it yet. I figure I'll wait until a few months have passed and some substantive reviews come in. I'm a PC simpleton, anyway, and am quite happy with IE7.

I've been using Mr. G's Chrome browser since the first day it came out (not too long ago) and I'm not impressed.

All I see is an IE browser with some of Firefox features in it.. I'm a anti-IE thumb_down.gif

In my opinion, Mr. G's Chrome browser is just an IE with a firefox wannabe browser.

I'm a firefox freak all the way tungie.gif

BEV!

Same here Bev, Firefox girl.

Although Flock's browser is a close second simply because the social networking features are really killer.

As for Chrome, I d-loaded it but then uninstalled after I read the EULA. They own the rights to any blog content you create with it??!! No thanks!

I've been using Mr. G's Chrome browser since the first day it came out (not too long ago) and I'm not impressed.

All I see is an IE browser with some of Firefox features in it.. I'm a anti-IE thumb_down.gif

In my opinion, Mr. G's Chrome browser is just an IE with a firefox wannabe browser.

I'm a firefox freak all the way tungie.gif

BEV!

As for Chrome, I d-loaded it but then uninstalled after I read the EULA. They own the rights to any blog content you create with it??!! No thanks!

That offending passage has been deleted from the EULA.