The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ambergallagher

Private Money lender??

I just found a property in which the seller is willing to do an interest free owner finance if I can get the $50k that she needs for a family emergency. I figure the best way to do that in this market is to find a private money lender and to make them an offer they cant refuse. The only problem is, I don't know what that would be. What would be a good return for them after, say, 3yrs with some monthly payments as cashflow along the way? Or even without? This is a property with a lot of future potential. A realtor suggested an asking price of 199k to the owner, but the owner is willing to take 160/165,000. Their loan is for 60k and the payment is a little more than 700/mo. It COULD double in cash flow and is on commercial property so will probably get bought out by the retailers in the adjacent lot in the near close but distant future.

Any ideas for me???

Hello, Amber, and welcome aboard.

If I understand you, the current owner is willing to accept a purchase price of $160K. A local Agent said she would list it for $199K. First thing to keep in mind is that listing price and FMV don't always equate. Realtors are in a world of hurt right now. Getting listings are a priority. To do so often means to suggest an inflated price to the seller, get the listing signed up, then slowly begin to erode that price to where it should have been in the first place. My point being that $199K is not necessarily indicative of true value. Has an appraisal been done? Or have you done your own market analysis? As a starting point I suggest you do so. Getting private money won't be easy without an appraisal and without a 35% equity stake in the deal from the get-go.