The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

Connections SOUND OFF!

I currently have comcast cable. About 10 days ago we had a call from Comcast to ask about a service call we had on our cable. Not internet. Other things. Well we have always had problems with connection speed. But when I mentioned that it was a bit slower than dial up on some occasions they just said sorry. Well it worked better for a few days then the past two days it has been the slowest than it has ever been.

I am sitting about 2 feet away from the Wi-FI router. It runs my 2 story home. So here are is my request. Does anyone know of a solution or something faster?

Rex, I have Comcast TV and internet. For the most part I am happy with my internet service. It's rarely down and the connection speeds are stable. Not much available that will beat cable for the home user. . .unless you have access to Verizon FIOS. Unfortunately, they aren't available in our area just yet.

As for Comcast, you need to be the squeaky wheel to get their attention. The first level of customer support is trying to get you off the phone with minimal time expenditure. You need to insist on a technician stopping by for an in home visit to check things out. That should go a long way towards resolving slow speeds. If not, call back and make some more noise. Their rates are going up and up. No reason their internet connection speed shouldn't be also.