The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
smitchell210

Still Looking for First Deal!

Still looking to do my deal. I have to admit I fell of the horse but have gotten back up and have started contacting homeowners again.

Anyone else doing any deals or looking to do first deal??

Thanks.

Scott

Guest Diver

Hi Scott, I'm in the same boat. So so many times I've been real close but not yet. Have 2 potentials right now but we'll see. To many people up here have a Realtors mind set or think they need all cash when they really don't. Diver

Scott, it comes down to contacting enough homeowners. About a week and a half ago I shot out about 30 emails when I had some spare time. Landed one deal as a result, which has already received three offers. One couple wants to buy the house, two others want to rent it.

A second wave of emails a few days ago looks like I will be getting another deal. He is an across the country homeowner who is in the process of evicting his current tenants. He's delighted to have my help locally. I'll be getting back to him today with some numbers and hopefully finalizing the deal.

I think I was under estimating the numbers you have go through starting out to get a deal. I feel something will happen soon.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Scott

I think I was under estimating the numbers you have go through starting out to get a deal. I feel something will happen soon.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Scott

Scott, I'm in the same boat. I've come so close, so many times...I know it will come soon; it's getting closer!

Yep...I'm STILL in the same boat! :(

There are 1250 licensed agents in my county, numerous rental/property mgmt companies (because it's a resort area), and most of the area contains houses built since 2003 (People owe more than the house is worth).

I've grown weary of answering the same phone calls or emails with not even a sniff of a deal where the numbers work. I have to admit that I got burnt out after trying sooo hard to get a deal and holding down 2 other part time jobs.

I'm gonna keep my nose to the grindstone. This is a great forum for ideas (new and old) and everyone is very helpful in sharing those ideas.

Somebody's bound to email me by accident with a decent house to offer as a CA. :P Either that or i'm relocating so that i'm in MC's or BEV's area. B)

Somebody's bound to email me by accident with a decent house to offer as a CA. Either that or i'm relocating so that i'm in MC's or BEV's area.

Who says you gotta move to their area?

Michael is the Naked Investor and is doing deals in other areas

and other states.

*And you can make up your own sentence with the words "Bev" and "naked" in it. B)

Scott is Winston near Lincolnton? If so, i might have a deal for you. Its a foreclosure though. Also if you want to link up there might be some leads in it for you. PM me if you are interested.

Darin, Jason is right. No need to limit yourself geographically these days. Look outside your immediate area for some FSBO's on Craig's List and Backpage. I assure you you'll find some willing homeowners ready to deal, even if it is just helping them find a tenant for their rental.