The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
tlpadil

5Day Method

Has anyone used Bill Effros 5-Day Method with Lease Options? It looks like a good way to find TB's fast.

tomas

I have on several occasions with a twist. I don't do it for 5 days. I use 10 days. That way I can cover two weekends. It all boils down to marketing.

What do you have them bid on...the rent, Option, or selling price...or all three?

If I was doing a lease option auction or bid sale I would have them bid on the option deposit. If I was selling retail then it would be price. If I was doing a straight rental then it is the rent amount. I have never done a rent deal. The reason being is the amount of marketing versus the amount you get does not compute.

Guest Diver

OK I have an idea of whats going on but would someone explaine the method a little better. Thanks, Diver

Get a home under contract.

Market the home for 10 days.

Highest bidder gets home.

The night of the final bid call all bidders back and start working them to get the highest and best price.

Or do what I do and use the internet.

Ask questions and I will answer.

I went ahead and placed one of my properties for RENT via the auction method. We will see what happens.

www.jonsellahome.com/102

I will be using the internet to do my bidding and also using signs and newspaper.

Get a home under contract.

Market the home for 10 days.

Highest bidder gets home.

The night of the final bid call all bidders back and start working them to get the highest and best price.

Or do what I do and use the internet.

Ask questions and I will answer.

I went ahead and placed one of my properties for RENT via the auction method. We will see what happens.

www.jonsellahome.com/102

I will be using the internet to do my bidding and also using signs and newspaper.

I am getting ready to try the process on a Lease Option property. I will post the method and results once I finish.

tomas

After using the 5 day method, do I just assign the option to the retail buyer. How do I setup a deal where there is >5k profit with a retail buyer who is using FHA or conventional funding? I understand that the cancellation idea does not work all the time.

You have a Pure Option on the property? If so, then yes, you can assign that Option to the highest bidder. That's certainly the easiest way.