The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
GetSmart

Exporting money could be the reason there is a recession

I would like others feedback since economist and our presidential candidates don't have the answers, i would like to at least take a stab at. I might be wrong, but I think i am more concerned than being wrong.

Check out my view of at least one factor that could be contributing due to long term abuse. Click Here.

GS, read your blog and while I am far from an expert on the economy, for most part I have to disagree with your point of view.

For starters, the people you refer to who are sending their money back to their native countries are probably not on any tax rolls and are being paid in cash. They live and work in a black market economy. They don't deposit their dollars in US banks. They are paid in cash and pay in cash. So taxing their wages will amount to nothing since their off the books.

And I disagree with penalizing US businesses who elect to move their operations overseas. The bottom line is to make a profit, and that is greatly increased by using a foreign location and workforce. If I were in a position and had to make that decision, I am sure I would opt to do the same. Increasing the already stifling tax rates on US businesses is precisely what we don't need.

I so agree with you Admin!

SPECIALLY WITH...........

.. Increasing the already stifling tax rates on US businesses is precisely what we don't need.
nono.gif Bad Move Indeed thumb_down.gif

BTW... Happy Bday, Pops :glare:

BEV!

. . .BTW... Happy Bday, Pops :D

BEV!

Pops?! Be careful, woman. Don't let my luxurious head of grey hair fool you. Snow on the roof, fire down below. . . :glare:

Pops?! Be careful, woman. Don't let my luxurious head of grey hair fool you. Snow on the roof, fire down below. . . :D
Absolutely!

But in the real world, we all know that for men, their peak season is in their 30's (ladies, if you're married or dating 30's yr old men, you know what I'm talking about ;) ).. After a man hits 40 then is only natural that things won't be the same and no, it won't be better either (but no men under the sun will ever admit this and is understandable).

For us, women is the other way around.. when men's peak season is ending, women's peak season is starting (after 40 yrs young, for the rest of our lives)

Awwwwwe The facts of life :glare:

BEV!

Excuse me guys I just want to through in my 2cents here...

Exporting money could be the reason there is a recession
Yes! but it's not immigration.

Today:

Made in China

Remember past:

Made in Japan

Made in Honk Kong

Made in Taiwan

Remember:

Made in USA?

So when you buy something Made in...where is your dollar going? The list of countries above copied the US business model we once had. Look at those economies. Why is China kicking but and the US upside down? For example: We were rolling in the 90s with the advent of the Internet, PC, Mac, Microsoft, Intel-inside and Silicon Valley. But when that was over we rolled our economy into an even greater debt economy with a current 56 Trillion dollar debt. 10 Trillion of which is from uncle sam that our taxes can only make the interest payments on. And uncle sam still borrows 400+ billion per year just to keep the government going.

So, to pay the interest on the debt we have to "produce more" But we don't make anything; we are a debt/service economy. The result has been from one bread winner in the house hold to two. Today, the two bread winners need 2 jobs to make ends meet. Investing in real estate has been my way to beat the system. But when government turned its back and let the financing banks go wild it was to sustain a faults economy. So, here we are.

Taxes are not an economy. Taxes do have a great affect on an economy however. Higher taxes slow business. Lower taxes give business more cash to grow. We have already 'been there done that' in the 70s and 80s.

We are now in a Global economy. My hope is we can find a place. China is kicking it right now because they “produce stuff” not debt.

They live and work in a black market economy. They
Black market or not there is still money leaving the country that isn't coming back. Where do you think this so called black market money is coming from? the same place that can fuel the economy. 10% is sending their money out and its not coming back.

think about who was the richest man in the world for a few months. the same man that earned 56 bill for selling phone cards. now if he can make that much from phone cards, just think how much more money is being outsourced to fund someones families.

however like i said, you may not agree but facts are facts. a faucet of money going out and being replenished by the fed creating more money has a far bigger impact than you can imagine.