The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Google ranking

You just have to love it when your new blog shoots to #2 out of over 4 million hits in just 2 days :wacko: I kicked off my new blog with a refreshed version of my cooperative assignment article/success story on the 4th, and I just googled "cooperative assignment" and my article is #2, sweeeeet!

This blog will cover far broader subject matter than my old one. I'm also going to try a new approach to keeping motivated to blog regularly... I'm going to write articles based on certain threads I participate in on this and other forums. I figure there's a never-ending supply of interesting questions that I'm sure I can manage to find SOMETHING to share of value :)

Hope you guys and gals will enjoy it!

Oops! I guess I should have mentioned where the money came from :wacko:
You're too young to be having a senior moment, so you must be morphing into Homer Simpson.

You just have to love it when your new blog shoots to #2 out of over 4 million hits in just 2 days :wacko: I kicked off my new blog with a refreshed version of my cooperative assignment article/success story on the 4th, and I just googled "cooperative assignment" and my article is #2, sweeeeet!

This blog will cover far broader subject matter than my old one. I'm also going to try a new approach to keeping motivated to blog regularly... I'm going to write articles based on certain threads I participate in on this and other forums. I figure there's a never-ending supply of interesting questions that I'm sure I can manage to find SOMETHING to share of value ;)

Hope you guys and gals will enjoy it!

Hey Dougie Boy!

Aweseome Blog!

However, it doesn't look like you're monetizing it!

That should be your next order of business!

If you want to know how, well, you know my number. Give me a call and we can discuss it!

WCG aka Jean

wcg, thanks for the advice because i think i want to try an monetize my site, i get over 800 new visitors everymonth and if there is something i can provide something that they aren't looking for but when they see, they will want it right away.

now i need to come up with something.

wcg, thanks for the advice because i think i want to try an monetize my site, i get over 800 new visitors everymonth and if there is something i can provide something that they aren't looking for but when they see, they will want it right away.

Ask any Madison Ave marketing firm: sex sells! :wub:

What kind of site is this you speak of?

I might could help ya out with it...

Sadly, not all of us are lucky enough to have the raw sex appeal of Michael "Fabio" Carbonare ;) ... no wait, that should be :wub:

Sadly, not all of us are lucky enough to have the raw sex appeal of Michael "Fabio" Carbonare ;) ... no wait, that should be :wub:

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

i guess i can get in front of a live web camera with my speedos dancing to david byrnes "like people do", oh wait i have to shave my buns first. or this might work sex020.gif.

Totally unexpected for me, but my blog is now turning up new search traffic for my buying site and just generated a new local seller lead with no other promotion on my part. I better go ad some active links back and forth between the two sites!

Totally unexpected for me, but my blog is now turning up new search traffic for my buying site and just generated a new local seller lead with no other promotion on my part. I better go ad some active links back and forth between the two sites!

hey doug

how exactly does that work?

GetSmart, you just place links on all your sites to each other. That counts as backlinks for the search engines too. Sites that have a lot of links to them get better ranking, of course an extra link or two won't do much in that regard, but there's no reason not to have it.