The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
sell4freedom

Craigslist Question

Last night I sent out 15 e-mails to FSBOs on Craigslist basically asking them if they'd be interested in a Lease Purchase. So far, I have received about 8 replies. Two out of the 8 are curious, so I will follow up with these today.

I noticed at the bottom of the craigslist ads: **it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Has anyone here had an issue with this after they've contacted a seller?

Thanks,

Patrick

On rare occasion, after sending out my second email to the homeowner, and they realize I am not personally looking to buy their property, they will reply with an irate email to point out that very phrase. I delete their reply and move on.

I noticed at the bottom of the craigslist ads: **it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

My interest are "residential" not "commercial" hehe :wacko:

does anybody use the search bar on craigslist to find the type of sellers they are looking for?
On occasion, yes. Today I typed in "rent" in the search function. I had almost 600 ads come back. I then skimmed through them to find FRBO's and hit 'em up with an email to ask if they were interested in a lease purchase. Many folks in my area are renting because they are unable to sell, so getting CA's from these homeowners is easy. Picked up three this past week, with another three or four on the fence.

Nice going amigo!

So if you're unable to land the CA, I assume you're still going to shoot for the

"rental consultation", yes?

Seem like you'd score some loot either way.

Exactly, Jason. Much prefer a lease purchase to a straight lease. But I've got to take what the market is giving. And in my neck of the woods, these days it's a heck of a lot easier to rent a property than to sell it or lease option it.

Have the majority of your rental deals been empty?

So your basic approach to these type deals is pretty much being

the marketing company, helping to fill the house?

I know you've discussed this before, in earlier posts, but tell a honkey

again....what's the paperwork that'll do with these?

A basic rental agreement?

Do you use your Consulting Agreement?

Thanks again compadre.

Have the majority of your rental deals been empty?
I would say yes. A non-scientific guess would be about 2 of 3 properties are vacant.

So your basic approach to these type deals is pretty much being the marketing company, helping to fill the house?
Exactly.

I know you've discussed this before, in earlier posts, but tell a honkey again....what's the paperwork that'll do with these?

A basic rental agreement? Do you use your Consulting Agreement?

I can go either way, my Crimson Tide friend. I can assign a straight lease agreement, or I can set up the deal with a Consulting/Marketing Agreement. I prefer the latter.

I put searched "rent" because many homeowners in the FSBO section also mention that the property is for rent, also. I figure they'll be open to what I'm offering.

Thanks again for the tips my NY Giants amigo.

Have any of the homeowners asked about returning the deposit back

when the tenant moves out?

Meaning....you're getting half the deposit amount for your beer fund.

Do the homeowners have to come up with the other half should they

have to return to it them?