The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Who Wants A Private Section?

Who Wants A Private Section For Members ONLY?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just thought it would be an interesting idea to have a "For Members ONLY section" where we can talk about things we don't want the general public to read :rolleyes: .. yes, we all have things we don't feel comfortable posting on public boards due to its privacy and feel comfortable sharing it with our members only :glare:

Just a thought.

BEV!

(did I do this poll thing right?) :P

You mean, kind of like pillow talk, Bev? :rolleyes:

But if it's for members only, that means I have to start charging a membership fee. Hmmm. . .I'm beginning to warm up to this idea.

You mean, kind of like pillow talk, Bev? <_<

But if it's for members only, that means I have to start charging a membership fee. Hmmm. . .I'm beginning to warm up to this idea.

I'M ALL FOR IT!

There are several folks here including BEV (the one and only Godess) and Doug P. (the Prince) et al that provide a LOT of great and invaluable information on this board.

Therefore, I only see it fitting that this does become a "boys/girls" club for people that do so willingly to share their wealth of knowledge with others here! As a matter of fact, you WILL NOT find the incredible FREE and INVALUABLE information that people share here on ANY OTHER BOARD OUT THERE! I know! I've been on them all!

Oh, one more thing! MC, YOU, AND ONLY YOU, are the only one who actually responds to people on YOUR board! So many "gurus" set-up boards, but NEVER, EVER and I mean EVER even answer a single person's question! That says volumes about YOU and your Character, as well as your GENUIOUS interest in people's success!

MC, You are the BEST FORUM OWNER out there, Bar None!

So, with that said, I'm DEFINITELY ALL FOR IT!

Cheers,

Jean

P.S. Just make sure I'm included! K????

Jean, sweeter words have never been spoken about me. <_< Thank you! :blink:

As for a private section, I don't know where I stand on that issue. In fact, I have been contemplating a variety of changes for this board and the website as a whole. My site, especially, is way long in the tooth and needs a facelift. It's on my "To Do" list for now.

PS: Happy Birthday! :lol:

The one thing that I see MC is that your board doesn't get spammed and too much crap that goes on. I know you make a valuable resource here and if you want my 2 cents I think making this private would only be a detriment to your online business. WHen I give reference to a post the people that I send really get lost in the info.

Of course this just my opinion.

Rex, the software that runs this board is excellent at keeping spammers at bay. In addition to the built in protection, I have the option of requiring approval before anyone can post. I never used to bother with that, but then we starting receiving numerous bogus registrations and so I had to opt for the approval format. Now, when a new member registers I have the ability to see where they are registering from. If they are located in Nigeria or The Ukraine, for example, I assume they aren't interested in CA's. <_<

Admin,

I even forgot about this request.

But glad you reminded me about it LOL

Anyway, I know is not a big deal making these changes and I like the board the way it is.

But what I was referring to is NOT to make the entire board private (no way!), I was just suggesting that maybe a private small "section" for members only (people who have bought your manual).

By this I mean, for example..

For those who have bought your manual. If they have questions on a particular part of the agreements (which I consider confidential), then this section would be the place to ask and share clauses or advice on how to reword them etc.

Or another example would be, when and if you do any updates on your manual, you would post it on this private section and tell what the updates were instead of printing more copies of the manual.... this is just a small sample of what I was referring to.

The private section would be for people who have bought your manual only. (or how ever you would want to set it up)

Not a big deal, just a thought

BEV! <_<

Admin,

I even forgot about this request.

But glad you reminded me about it LOL

Anyway, I know is not a big deal making these changes and I like the board the way it is.

But what I was referring to is NOT to make the entire board private (no way!), I was just suggesting that maybe a private small "section" for members only (people who have bought your manual).

By this I mean, for example..

For those who have bought your manual. If they have questions on a particular part of the agreements (which I consider confidential), then this section would be the place to ask and share clauses or advice on how to reword them etc.

Or another example would be, when and if you do any updates on your manual, you would post it on this private section and tell what the updates were instead of printing more copies of the manual.... this is just a small sample of what I was referring to.

The private section would be for people who have bought your manual only. (or how ever you would want to set it up)

Not a big deal, just a thought

BEV! <_<

BEV, Jonathan,

That's what I meant too. With that said, the reason why I said, "I hope I'm included too" is becuase I didn't buy MC's Bible, but won it! :blink:

Anyway, whatever MC decides to do, I'm sure it will be the right decision!

P.S. Michael, thanks for the Birthday Wishes! That was sweet of you to remember, as well as mention!

Cheers,

Jean

I think a private section for those that have purchased the manual makes a TON of sense. I'd even pay a small monthly fee. And it's true... MC is the ONLY guru that responds to questions on his own board. Class act in my book!

I equate a private section for pay to raising taxes during a recession. Bad from a public relations perspective. If Obama won't do it, neither will I! B)

At first I thought, NO, NO, NO! A private sector would diminish the value of the board BUT on second thought I remember not posting at times because I don’t want local competition to figure what I do.

I suggest you control private discussions by allowing only certain subject matters.

You could allow members to delete their postings if you determine that a subject should be on the general board.

Please try a test. This has lots potential.

A number of folks, internet marketing gurus they claim, have told me I am giving away the store for free, and that if I charged a monthly fee I could turn this old website into cash. Perhaps. But that goes against the very personality of this board and what I intended it to be from the get-go. Whics is a place where people with a shared interest can come to ask for help, offer help, share their experiences, etc. To change that now would be wrong and a slap in the face to the friends I've made here and to those very same people who have made this board what it is. I just cannot do it in good conscience.

As for you competitors tracking your activities, I say fear not. There is so much real estate activity in your area, that even if a few came here and read your posts and ideas, that wouldn't impact your bottom line one bit. There's enough business for you and a bucket full of other investors. Post freely and enjoy the journey.

Michael,

I voted in favor of it, if you could limit it to only purchasers of your course. Not sure how that would work if you still wanted to keep a "free" section.

Lynn (FL)