The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
dionwisn

direct mail

im trying something new and wanted to ask those who do direct mail (John REX) the direct mail guru of florida or anyone for that matter how to get a list of landlords or anyone who has bought a property in the past three to six months. I hear its free and some where you can pay. Im not sure whrere though. Im preparing a new mail peice and want to get some advice where to get this if anyone can help... :angry:

Dion, the only free source of out of area homeowners that I know of is your local county. The tax assessor's office will have the mailing address for where they send the property tax bill. Free, yes, but time consuming to go through lists of properties.

You can pay for this information from a number of sites that compile this data. But the time and energy saved is a big plus. You'll have to decide the pros and cons. Some of these sites include MelissaData.com, USAData.com, and Sales Genie. There are many, many more if you care to do a search.

for your information sales genie sucks and their leads are outdated. i think they update them once every 30 days or 3 months. i received a lot of return mails and cross referencing the results showed the house had been sold. also don't sign up for the contract because you can't cancel, and i was stuck with a service list provider that sucked.

Don't kill the messenger, GetSmart. I'm just passing along some suggestions. Everyone here knows enough that due diligence is required before signing on the dotted line. Appreciate the heads up on Sales Genie. That's what the board is here for. :angry:

Don't kill the messenger, GetSmart. I'm just passing along some suggestions.

Tell'em MC :angry:

I might try out Listsource. They seem to be high. But they have a spot for people who buy poperties. Im stuck on wether I should mail to owner occuipied or absentee. Dont know why an absentee would be a lanlord and why an owner occupied would nt. I guess I'll have to buy another one of those expensive courses. The other sites out there dont realy offer the exact criteria that Im willing to pay for...

Listsource is the best in my mind. You can do as MC said with local tax accessor which is what listsource does except they use a better sorting system.

Get out of area owners that have bought the home or property for the last 6 months.

The thing is you will need to mail at least 5-7 times before you really get a good call or lead.

Don't kill the messenger, GetSmart. I'm just passing along some suggestions. Everyone here knows enough that due diligence is required before signing on the dotted line. Appreciate the heads up on Sales Genie. That's what the board is here for. :angry:
sometimes the messenger is the receiver of battle slurs. i know you mean well and i thought i had a good serevice when i saw the sales genie commercial during the superbowl. not likely. that $2200 could have gone to a tv commercial ad.

That's your problem, right there! You should have taken that money and let it ride on the Giants to win it all!