The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Andrew Ikeda

Marketing like crazy!

Greetings Fellow Investors,

At this time I'm attempting to get back into mainstream, hardcore real estate investing.

I had my biz cards totally redone. Last Thursday I finally got "officially" hired on with US Funding Group, Inc. and start Monday morning.

Also ordered several polo, tee-shirts and a jacket with my biz name on the front and "I Solve Real Estate Problems - Ask me how" on the back. I'll be getting those on Friday...just in time for the next rei club meeting on the 25th! :D

Then I went and ordered 50 bandit signs from www.witnessdesigns.com and should recieve them within the next 2-3 days. I also ordered a pair of magnetic signs for my car from them.

I'm running ads in the Thrifty Nickel and a local weekly newspaper that reaches 40,000 people in the area.

We are finished with our website: ajaxproperties.com but there are a few broken sentences and some glitches we need to repair so please understand. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Now that the website is built, I understand Option 8's ideas of networking. Everyone is invited to network with me if you like. Perhaps we can work on deals together?

This all started when I went to a weekend bootcamp that was hosted by the local real estate investors club. We studied Subject to's, Land Trusts, LLC's and Nevada Corps, Foreclosures, Lease Purchases, etc. It turned my brains inside out! Lots of stuff to learn.

Now I'm off to email some FSBO's and work on my postcards. My plan is to send out 200 postcards a week.

Good luck to you all and happy investing.

Andrew

Andrew, I had the chance to visit your site. Very nice. Overall, I like it. I know it is not 100% completed yet, but still it is effective at communicating your message. In fact, you'll find a website is a continual work in progress. It seems there is always something that needs attention.

Just keep in mind that your site is but one marketing tool. Implement many others and you'll have your greatest chance at success as you continue to get your name and number out into the community.

Michael,

Thanks for the nice comments and words of encouragement. Yes, the website will always be an evolving thing!

Everyone else out there,

Thanks to those who wrote and commented on the website. I appreciate the fact that some of you wrote to me privately about some things that appear on the website as opposed to posting it here. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.

I will make changes when I get a chance. My new job with US Funding is quite a steep learning curve so it leaves me with little time for anything else so please be patient with me making those changes to the website. Also, I'm not offended by the 'constructive criticism'. I expect that and was prepared for it. My friends had lots to say about it!! But hey, it's a start, right?

Thanks again to all of you and best of luck and happy investing!!

Andrew

MC,

Speaking of web sites I like the new feel but, the edge of the post always get cut off and I have to use the slide bar....maybe my setings.....if it is my computer I guess it will stay that way!!!! Cuz I ain't no conputter guroo?!#@

Tony,

This is exactly the problem that I've seen on others' computers.

If you go into the "My Computer" icon and click on 'settings' you should get to a link where you can change the size of the screen.

Ours is set to 800 X 600 pixels which is what we believe most computers are set to. It goes up to something like 1074 X 800 which will break up the sentences and skewer everything. My wife is working hard to solve this dilema but we also realize that everyones computers are set to different screen sizes so not everyone is going to see it in it's perfect form like we do on our screen.

Does this make sense or help?? Hope so.

Thanks again buddy for your interest in our website.

Andrew

Tony, the issue you describe is probably related to your resolution settings. I am not having the same problem on my screen, so I don't think it is a site related issue.

Andrew mentioned that most 'puters these days are set at 800 X 600 dpi. I run mine at 1024 X 768. The higher those numbers, the more dots per inch and the clearer the images and text on your screen. And, the higher the resolution setting, the smaller the image becomes on your monitor. If you want to play around with the monitor resolution, you can do so by right clicking on your desktop screen. From there, click on Properties. Now, click on the Settings tab. You'll see a slide bar labeled Screen Resolution. You can make any adjustments there. This may help alleviate the problem you described.

Yeah, yeah I get the picture. I was at work and have dual screens and thats the problem. I am at home now (finally of 3rd shift) and everything is fine...........

the page went off the side of my screen and the slide bar at the bottem showed up.