The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
randian

Please critique my email

This is my followup when people respond to my "will you lease/purchase" solicitation.

A copy of "Lease Purchase Advantage" is also sent to them. All comments appreciated.

I'm a businessman who specializes in putting together Tenant/Buyers and home

sellers. I will not reside in the property, the Tenant/Buyer will. After we negotiate the

lease and purchase contract (term/sales price/rent), I will find a Tenant/Buyer for

your property. They pay me a fee for the right to occupy and purchase your home

according to our prenegotiated deal. You get to approve anybody I bring to you.

Realtor's are going to get the rope and find you!...lol.

Stay away from anything that resembles of you finding a buyer.

Stay away from anything that says fee.

Yikes! What should I say instead?

This is just my opinion here. But this is what I would say to stay away from the Social Realtors out there.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I am an investor that buys single family homes in the area. Attached is a flyer on how and what we do. Of course a little flyer will not explain everything in detail. So read it over and get back to me if you want to chat some more about getting your home sold.

It is short and simple.

I don't like putting things in print that will hang me.

Here is what the email is saying. I am not living in the home. I am going to buy.

Now if your intention is to flip it to an end buyer (TB'er) then you will say that in person (or over the phone)

Here is how we would say it:

Me- John, your home sounds great. But your property doesn't meet my buy criteria. You know how you got my information earlier. Well I do the same thing to attract buyers. I am pretty darn good at it as you can tell. I tell you what. If I was able to put someone in the property and sell them the agreement that you and I will work out is there some reason why we could not work together on this?

This maybe better or not. But it works for me with doing regular options.

I wouldn't/don't use the words "business man" and "fee", however,

I let them know upfront that I'm in it for a profit.

Just be upfront and give them enough information

to get something started, but not enough to confuse them.

I'm a businessman who specializes in putting together Tenant/Buyers and home sellers. I will not reside in the property, the Tenant/Buyer will. After we negotiate the lease and purchase contract (term/sales price/rent), I will find a Tenant/Buyer for your property. They pay me a fee for the right to occupy and purchase your home according to our prenegotiated deal. You get to approve anybody I bring to you.

randian, as has already been pointed out, that paragraph is loaded with potential problems. ". . .putting together Tenant/Buyers and home sellers" smacks of brokering real estate without a license. Scratch that. Reword/rewrite what service you are providing. Keep it more generic. The goal of that email shouldn't be to convince anyone to do business with you, but rather to interest them enough to want to speak with you. Then you can close the deal. Besides, you are attaching the Lease Purchase Advantage flyer. So you needn't go into too much explanation in the email.

If I am currently a realtor, does this in any prevent me from doing lease options on my own, separate from my broker? Just making sure I'm not doing anything illegal.

Thanks,

Paul

If you approach listed properties you may have an issue. But it depends on the listing agreement that the seller has with the listing broker. No broker can tell you what you do with your personal business. There are some that say that you must list all your own properties, but I never seen that in any broker policy manual.

Paul, play it safe and smart and deal directly with homeowners and unlisted properties. Mention you are licensed but that you are looking at that deal as a principal for your own doing. You should be fine.

Best to leave the listed properties to the unlicensed investors, we're used to having broker complaints filed against us and being investigated for all sorts of shady business practices. Racketeering, conspiracy, lease options, bandit signs, it's all a very dirty, very bloody business.

Haha, I love it. Thanks for the replies guys. I'm beginning to see why this site is so awesome. You guys answer my questions so fast, I'm flabbergasted! Will definitely keep to homeowner listings only. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Paul