The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
JordanLaubaugh

Will you guys help me with my webiste?

Hey guys,

I just had this website set up and would love it if some of the pro's around here would shed some input into what I should have on it for content. It is just a part of my marketing campaign of some place sellers and tenants can be driven off of my advertisements and get information. Here is what I have outlined as being important. Please feel encouraged to add and shed input on what I've written.

1. Home page: I am kind of at a loss here because all of the ideas of what I would put on the home page would make more sense under the about us page.

2. About us page: A page about the company. Maybe a look into the surface of lease purchasing and how it is advantageous for both buyers and sellers?

3. Seller's page: A page designed to draw in people who have a potential house I could lease purchase. Give them all the information they would need to do business with me.

4. Buyer's page: A page for tenant/buyers to get information

5. Contact page

That is all. I was thinking of putting up a Buyer/seller faq about it. But more likely I will wait 6 months or so until I have a solid idea of what questions to add in.

Anyone want to shed some insightful thoughts on this website I'd much appreciate it. Also if you'd like info on how to set up your own let me know. It was ridiculously cheap and easy. It's costing me $10 a month and is about as difficult to setup as typing in MS word.

http://www.laubaughproperties.com

Thanks a million,

Jordan

Click through my sites below to get some good ideas. I have had these sites since 1999-2000. They were not like that back then. But get an idea of layout. Now these are owned by supersmartwebprofits.com so don't copy it word for word. But you can get an idea.

If you can keep your buy and sell site separate.

Click through my sites below to get some good ideas. I have had these sites since 1999-2000. They were not like that back then. But get an idea of layout. Now these are owned by supersmartwebprofits.com so don't copy it word for word. But you can get an idea.

If you can keep your buy and sell site separate.

hey thanks those are nice websites. Can you comment on the traffic? Do you derive a good amount of deals from it? Or at least contacts/leads?

I am getting traffic these days as I am working on Optimizing the sites for search engines. What is interesting is that when I do advertise such as craiglist, backpage, kiji, thrifity nickle and our local rag I do get leads also.

Video has recently exploded the hits. I will be using some backlinks that I have recently learned how to do by using some of the article submission sites along with blogs.

Majority of my leads still come from direct mail by using my Greeting Cards and Post Cards.

Simple enough, Jordan, and to the point. Easy to follow and understand. I noticed a few minor typos. But, I'm an old Lit major and English teacher, so I'm probably a bit fusier than the average bear. Keep in mind your website at this point is the internet's best kept secret. So you'll need to direct traffic and remember that it is only one form of your marketing.

Simple enough, Jordan, and to the point. Easy to follow and understand. I noticed a few minor typos. But, I'm an old Lit major and English teacher, so I'm probably a bit fusier than the average bear. Keep in mind your website at this point is the internet's best kept secret. So you'll need to direct traffic and remember that it is only one form of your marketing.

Thanks Michael,

I still see quite a bit of work to be done with it. But I am only planning on having 5 pages. I agree that it is only one part of my marketing scheme. The business cards are in the mail. I plan to start cold calling this week.

What do you guys think of the 7 day guarantee I put out to sellers. To have an offer in their hands within 7 days? It really doesn't mean a ton on my end. but I think it might be a good hook for sellers going to the site. I am giving myself $600 to get this started. Or at least hoping that that will suffice. The website I was planning on spending $400 to have someone design ended up costing me nothing now and $10/month from now on. (although I think I might upgrade to the $20/month package to get 5 email addresses on the site instead of one. and more than 5 pages). So I saved $400 of costs on the website so that was a nice touch.

So i think cold calling is gonna be the next phase of my marketing that I launch. To be honest I am pretty nervous about starting to cold call. I wish it was one of those things I could hire out. But I know it isn't. I am planning on logging all of it on here for humor,

Jordan, cold calling is picking up a phone book and making random phone calls to see if someone wants to buy the pool cleaning service you are selling. You're not doing anything like that. You're responding to an ad that was placed by a homeowner who wants to receive phone calls. That's what I call warm calling. And by the way, remember, you aren't selling anything. . .you're the buyer!

Jordan, cold calling is picking up a phone book and making random phone calls to see if someone wants to buy the pool cleaning service you are selling. You're not doing anything like that. You're responding to an ad that was placed by a homeowner who wants to receive phone calls. That's what I call warm calling. And by the way, remember, you aren't selling anything. . .you're the buyer!

+10000. That's the perfect mindset sir. I have been having fake conversations out loud while driving. Seems to be helping. Thanks again.