The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Andrew Ikeda

Bandit signs

Hey Everyone,

I got a big box today with all 50 of my bandit signs. I showed them to my sister and she said they are illegal here and that a police officer told her not to post such items...and this was when she was doing 'garage sale' signs!! I also noticed some one else putting up signs for health insurance for the self employed and those get taken down real quick.

Now I'm stuck with these signs and not sure what to do with them. I'm looking for ideas...anybody got any?

One investor on the east coast said he would go out late Friday night to put them up and take them down Sunday night. This is because the city officials dont work on weekends so he (investor) figured no one would pull them down.

Anyhow, I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

By the way, I got the signs from www.witnessdesigns.com. Really nice signs and the service is really fast. I ordered the signs last Wednesday. It's been less than seven days from the phone call to the time I got the signs!

Happy investing everyone!

Andrew

Andrew,

The risk is yours to take....but did your sister get a ticket? if they call you take them down, move them to another district, when they call take them down, move to another district and so on. when gone thru all the districts do the weekend thing. it is up to your comfort level......

Andrew, Tony is right. Your comfort level will determine what you do here. I would go for it now since you already have them in hand. The weekend placement of signs as you described is one that is popular with some investors.

Another trick is not to have a traceable number of those signs. In other words, use a telephone number that does not lead directly to you.

Michael and Tony,

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I think I'll just do that, move them around from place to place. No, my sister did not get fined but she said a police officer stopped her from putting up garage sale signs inside city limits. I've seen several bandit signs outside of city limits and now that I'm stuck with the signs...heck yes I'm gonna use em!

Tony, I ordered the signs from witnessdesigns.com. I paid $180 for the 50 signs and a pair of magnetic car signs. I believe the signs themselves were $120 or $130.....

Michael, the toll free # is routed to my cell phone by the toll free service provider. It's a glitch since my ad in the paper says "free recorded message" and I picked up the phone twice now on calls that were directed to my cell phone while I was 'awake' :) Darn! I just love this real estate biz!! ;)

ALL FOR THE LOVE OF REAL ESTATE!!

Thanks again and best wishes,

Andrew