The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
randian

Great Italian markets/delis in SE FL?

MC surely knows the best ones. If you're ever on the west coast check out Mazzaro's in St Pete and Castellano & Pizzo in Tampa.

There's a several mile stretch of US-1 south of Yamato that's Italian restaurant heaven. Pretty much every strip mall on both sides of the road (or so it seems) has 1 or more Italian restaurant in it.

I tried Anthony's in Fort Lauderdale (or was that Pompano?). It was good, and I liked it a lot more than the NY-style pizza that's ubiquitous in SE FL, but my champion and still favorite pizza style is Chicago deep dish (with or without the dual-crust like Giordano's).

Ah, yes. The old Chicago deep dish versus NY thin crust debate. As a born and bred New Yawker, I have to vote for the latter. But if you invite me to lunch at Lou Malnati's, I won't turn you down. :angry:

Ah, yes. The old Chicago deep dish versus NY thin crust debate. As a born and bred New Yawker, I have to vote for the latter. But if you invite me to lunch at Lou Malnati's, I won't turn you down. :angry:

It's a bit far away, but if I'm ever in Chicago I'd be happy to oblige. Also check out the Exchequer Restaurant & Pub.

No Chicago-style pizza joints in SE FL? Bummer. I hope Giordano's expands down south (they're already in Tampa and Orlando).

I found a good little market in Fort Lauderdale. A fair amount of Italian specialty items plus other stuff from various European nations.

Fernanda's International Market

3045 N Federal Hwy

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306

It's at the corner of Federal and Oakland Park, on the southwest side.

Here is a review.

Nice find, randian! The place was voted Best Sub in the county for 2008! It's not far from me. It's now on my To-Do list. :ninja: Thanks for sharing.