The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
NoTiceViCtor

Time For Action

Today I just ordered the The Naked Investor course, and registered to the forums, I can't wait to start my new venture. My new years resolution is to have 5 real estate deals this year, at least ONE. I have gone to seminars, bought books, read articles, and bought courses. I don't have any regret buying any of them, well maybe a little because of the price :angry: then again if you think education is expensive try ignorance, right? BUT if I never had educated myself it would have never let me here. I can't wait to apply everything into Action! I am already looking at graiglist.org, and signs around my area when I am driving around.

My mom was laid off yesterday :o She took it better than I expected... I'm 23 years old, and in June I'll be an expecting father double :o :o So, I really believe I can accomplish my goal. Once I utilize these techniques and strategies and have some deals under my belt, my real intention is to show my experiences and creditability with this niche so I can partner up or have private lenders to purchase discounted properties that I keep hearing about. It is very difficult, at least to me, to start from scratch. This is why I have taken a leap of faith and invested in this. Especially now with high rates from people losing jobs to foreclosures! There's a lot of fear going out, I'm losing patience of the media. So instead of paying attention of all the Negativity of bailouts, oil, and other crazy stuff; I'm turning off the t.v, and focusing more on Positive! Thank you for taking your time in reading this... Time for Action :lol:

Hello, Victor, and welcome to The Naked Investor! Glad you found us. Your order has been received and is on its way. Thank you. :angry:

I agree that the first thing you need to do is stop listening to the crooks and empty suits in Washington, and then tune out the talking heads who are telling us about these same crooks and empty suits! You'll be a lot happier and less stressed as a result.

Then, avoid the trap of Paralysis of Analysis. It's an easy pit to step into and a difficult one to exit. You probably know more than you think you do. Now you've got to put that head full of book smarts to use and become street smart. Which means getting out and mixing it up with homeowners. Emails, phone calls, marketing. Let homeowners know who you are and how you can help them. Make offers and the deals will fall. But just keep your focus short term. Worry about today and this week. Get one deal under your belt and put some cash in your pocket. Then work on your next deal. You'll do fine!

First, Thank you for the welcome! Second, yeah paralysis of analysis is no joke. I have been there and I have used procrastination, excuses, and any other distraction that I can come up with! ;) (still do)I have someone who is interested in buying their first home, so that alone motivates me to look for more properties. Then a few months ago, I talked to someone from a REIA club near my area who is interested in "mentoring" me... one condition that I see is he wants me to be a property locater (bird dog), which I personally don't have a problem because I am learning the ropes, but I don't want to be a bird dog because then he won't take me seriously. Like you said I probably know more than I think I do and I should focus on accomplishing that difficult step which is my 1st deal. Once again thank you,

-Victor

Yeah, procrastination and analyzing things to death will get you nowhere.

Believe me, I was there when I first got the real estate bug.

It took me around 3 years to finally get off the couch and put all those

books and courses to use.

If you look back, I've spent a few birthdays since being a part of this forum.

I can even remember this post HERE.

Although I'm not on Michael's or a couple of others' level here, I can say I'm in a better

spot since making that post over 3 and a half years ago.

And it was all accomplished by listening to the others that have already done what I wanted to

do at the time and taking action.

All of the blueprints to your real estate success are found within the archives of this forum and in

Michael's course.

So, don't mope around, take some action, get things going, and build up your momentum.

I think bird dogging for this investor you speak of could be to your

benefit.

It will not only get you accustomed to dealing with sellers, but you'll get a better

feel for the real estate game and see how things actually work in your area, as opposed

to reading it from a book.

While you're at it, see what this investor's buying criteria is.

If he's like most, he may not deal with lower equity deals...much less know

what to do with them. So he's probably doing nothing with them.

This is an excellent way to get deals and work some cooperative assignment magic.

Just be sure the properties aren't months behind in mortgage payments and no short

sales are needed to make the deals work.

Good luck man.

Thank you Jason,

It is great to see that 3 years ago you were my age with the same dilemma! ^_^ I am glad that I took my step to get out of my "shell" sort of speak, and let everyone know who I am... Although I just came back from the hospital a few hours ago, took a shower, and rested for a bit. My father had a mild heart attack on Friday, but he hold on till yesterday to go to the hospital to have them check him out. He NEVER realized he had a heart attack, and he has too stubborn to go to the hospital because he felt like he can just "walk it off". Well, to end the long story short he will need an open heart surgery to bypass some arteries to get the blood flowing smoothly through the heart. They will tell us when he will have the surgery :glare: I am kinda kicking myself for not taking him to the hospital by force, but the good news all his organs are healthy, he is calm and has a positive attitude, and doctors said that he has a stronger shot he will get better after this surgery and are optimistic. Also, Saturday on valentines day I took my wife to the hospital because she had abdominal pains, who IS pregnant... She has gallstones :blink: Baby is okay thank god. She has a strict diet. Yeah, I am a bit overwhelmed about ALL this. I feel like I am taken on a roller coaster ride. I am not going to stop doing what I am doing because I can't. Family is First then all the rest. I am certain all these is no accident, everything happens for a reason... Just need to breath

-Victor

It is great to see that 3 years ago you were my age with the same dilemma!

Whoops!

Actually, a closer looks reveals that it was actually a little over 4 and a half.

Time sure does fly.

I agree.

Your family is way more important than any real estate endeavor.

Once things settle down, then you can start focusing on REI.

Heck, if you're gonna be in and out of the hospitals, ya might as well

get Michael's manual. :glare:

It'll make for some good reading in the mean time.

Hope everything works out for your father and wife.

I'm back...I took your advice Jason about reading the manual (which I received Tuesday) and I just finished it tonight. I was glued. Thank you about my pops and wife also, I'm certain they will be fine, prayers are accepted. Also, great stuff Micheal you'll be hearing from me soon :D I am curious though... Any one here whom have done deals, you too Micheal :) , how many CA's and assigns. have you done since you started investing???

I am curious though... Any one here whom have done deals
I would venture a guess and say most here have done deals. . .otherwise why give advice on how to do them? :D

you too Micheal :) , how many CA's and assigns. have you done since you started investing???
I've been investing about 16 or 17 years. How many deals in that time? I honestly don't know. Enough so that I can't count 'em, I suppose.

:( Yeah, I guess I always thought there were more guest reading than members posting. I did not clarify. I will have at least 1 deal this year I will say that.

Enough so that I can't count 'em, I suppose.
Must be fine to have that problem. Let me guess... Life is GOOD? B)

-Victor

Don't be too impressed, Victor. Whatever I have done, you can, too. Concentrate on the here and now. Start contacting and speaking with homeowners. Find some interest, (not hard these days). Make offers. A deal or two will fall. And it gets easier from there. One deal, one step at a time, amigo.