The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
dionwisn

Cold Calls,DM, Emails

B i have tried the same thing, and owners were screening their calls through voice mail and called 2 minutes later after they heard my message. This happened on every blast i tried. Its very cheap but not effective, and I sent out at least 2,000 calls.

B i have tried the same thing, and owners were screening their calls through voice mail and called 2 minutes later after they heard my message. This happened on every blast i tried. Its very cheap but not effective, and I sent out at least 2,000 calls.

You may be coming across as a business or investor. Noone would call back if your doing that.

I have gave up on voice blasting. I found out it made more people mad than anything else.

How did you have your voice blast set up Jonathan? I've not made anyone mad yet, at least that I know of :-) I may do my voice blasts differently than some though. My blast is set up to leave a message only if the phone is answered by a machine. If the phone is answered by a person, the "blast" politely says "Sorry, wrong number" and hangs up. That number is then "flagged" so that I know that a message was not left and I can include the number in my next campaign. Messages are left about 80% of the time. I schedule my blast to go out between 9A-10A or 2P-3P when folks are more likely to be out and a machine takes the call.

I had it set up through a company called I Buzz Pro. Pretty cheap. Before that I use another company called Voice Shot. Mine went out the same time periods that yours did. I did get a better response from RENTERS advertising a home for rent. But what I like I BUZZ is that it gave the people the option to remove by pressing a number and also they do the DNC scrub. But I have found out its just a pain in the neck as I don't like to get the calls either.

I had it set up through a company called I Buzz Pro. Pretty cheap. Before that I use another company called Voice Shot. Mine went out the same time periods that yours did. I did get a better response from RENTERS advertising a home for rent. But what I like I BUZZ is that it gave the people the option to remove by pressing a number and also they do the DNC scrub. But I have found out its just a pain in the neck as I don't like to get the calls either.

Sorry to kill the flow... IF Im using a list of numbers (landvoice) theres a do not call registry. Will that cause some legal problems for me if im only leaving messages with my name and interest not company name and service. I've call the same list in the past cold calling and no complaints. My phone blast has no scrubbing option. I hear theres a hefty fine for this type of offense.

Sorry to kill the flow... IF Im using a list of numbers (landvoice) theres a do not call registry. Will that cause some legal problems for me if im only leaving messages with my name and interest not company name and service. I've call the same list in the past cold calling and no complaints. My phone blast has no scrubbing option. I hear theres a hefty fine for this type of offense.

If they are not on a DNC I don't call period.

Interesting. I usually blast only 50 - 75 numbers at the time. What's your source for the phone numbers? I'm pretty lazy, so I just sit down on Sunday evening and go through all the "for rent" ads. I put the numbers on a spreadsheet and upload them to my voice blast campaign. My message is a simple "Hey, this is Bill. I'm calling about the house you have for rent. I'm actually looking for something "rent to buy." If this is something you might consider or want to talk about would you give me a call. My number is....."

I've been happy with the results so far.

I'll have to check them out. Thanks! And I agree totally about getting a better response from the landlords advertising rentals. That's all that I target with my voice blast, which may explain why my response rate is higher. I've not done a campaign for FSBO's. When (and if) I do I'll compare the responses and let you know what I find out.

I'll have to check them out. Thanks! And I agree totally about getting a better response from the landlords advertising rentals. That's all that I target with my voice blast, which may explain why my response rate is higher. I've not done a campaign for FSBO's. When (and if) I do I'll compare the responses and let you know what I find out.

I just blasted 98 home owners today and got 4 call backs... this stinks :D

One with a follow up next week...

I just blasted 98 home owners today and got 4 call backs... this stinks :(

FSBO's, Dion, or FRBO's? Where did you get the numbers from? And what did your call say?

I just blasted 98 home owners today and got 4 call backs... this stinks :(

FSBO's, Dion, or FRBO's? Where did you get the numbers from? And what did your call say?

Mike, I only use the free sites and numbers that are listed. I never liked cold calling. was ok at it but it makes my heart rate go up too high. As for FRBO or FSBO both have given me these crappy results. My message is simple, and is what you taught us to say in your manual when calling cold. I think the area is not ripe for this type of marketing yet.

By the way anyone know of a good source or format for a good Mary Letter?

Update:

I shot another 70 calls and got 4 returned with initial interest in a L/P then realized nope this is'nt what Im looking for.

I've never heard of a return rate like this one. Pretty crappy :ninja:

Dougs craigslist ad isnt working either B) you gotta love it....

Seeing that I've switched up my real estate game plan, and thus approach

to sellers, I've been having some good responses from CL.

Granted, I haven't been "blasting" them out because I've been going

over each ad and looking for those that would best fit a LP solution.

For example:

1. FRBOs (obviously) that are not listed with an agent

or management company.

2. do not have a picture/image

3. misspelled words within the ad description

4. and of course look for any of the words/phrases that show any signs

of motivation

5. ads that have been placed the longest. Of course, I'll hit up every FRBO there is.

So, I'll send an initial email to the FRBOs, get a response,

and then send out a tweaked version of Michael's follow-up email.

Works like a charm.

I guess you can say I've been taking aim, rather than taking

the shotgun approach.

...now to deal with these long distance deals.

I might need some input on that. :rolleyes:

Jason, if you can do a deal in your neighborhood, you can do a deal anywhere in the country. These days, with the internet being what it is, location doesn't make a bit of difference.

Jason, if you can do a deal in your neighborhood, you can do a deal anywhere in the country. These days, with the internet being what it is, location doesn't make a bit of difference.

True.

And thanks for opening my eyes up to that.

I've been so used to dealing locally. 45 minutes was

the farthest I would go.

It's just that I would be hesitant of going through everything

for a seller, all for them to cut me out of the deal.

I reckon I could dust off and strap up the ol' cape should

this occur, eh?