The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
dionwisn

Cold Calls,DM, Emails

The reality is that with a long distance deal, there is always the possibility that some greedy, smart ass homeowner will stick it to us. Over the years it has probably happened to me three or four times. But that is certainly the exception and not the norm. So don't let that fear stop you. Deal with folks who you have a good feel about, provide a good service that pleases the homeowner, use good paperwork to cover your butt, and for the most part the deal goes down as planned and we are paid accordingly.

The reality is that with a long distance deal, there is always the possibility that some greedy, smart ass homeowner will stick it to us. Over the years it has probably happened to me three or four times. But that is certainly the exception and not the norm. So don't let that fear stop you. Deal with folks who you have a good feel about, provide a good service that pleases the homeowner, use good paperwork to cover your butt, and for the most part the deal goes down as planned and we are paid accordingly.

I like the idea of working all over the country... there should never be an excuse for not enough leads...

Guys Im trying to get back into Bandit sign marketing. In my parts you put them up on friday night, and their down by monday in the morning. Would you all agree this would be a poor use of advertising money? Im considering placing an order of 500 next week. Rarely I'LL have a few signs slip through the cracks and go on for a few week days.

I wouldn't call it a waste.

Bandit sign marketing probably gets the best results for me, D-Lee.

With newspaper ads running a close 2nd.

With them getting plucked, have you considered placing

them as high as you can?

In my case, being tall has its advantages.

Where are you placing them?

Have you ever considered placing a We Buy Houses-type

bandit sign in the yards of houses you're selling or have sold?

This way, they're less likely to come up missing.

Neat idea I just have'nt had the time to get a large enough sign made. I typically place them in high traffic residential areas. Probably 4 to an intersection. To me it seems a waste considering 1) ITS A HASSLE 2) YOU CAN BE FINED BUT NOBODY EVER DOES 3) ITS A HASSLE...By the way Jason how long do yours stay up on average?

Dion,

I am using my signs here in my area. I have a warehouse full currently of handwritten signs. I place them on wooden stakes. They stay up 4-5 days. Now I don't do 25 at a time either. I do 8-10 in a genereal area. It keeps the HEAT off from code enforcement.

Neat idea I just have'nt had the time to get a large enough sign made. I typically place them in high traffic residential areas. Probably 4 to an intersection. To me it seems a waste considering 1) ITS A HASSLE 2) YOU CAN BE FINED BUT NOBODY EVER DOES 3) ITS A HASSLE...By the way Jason how long do yours stay up on average?

I wouldn't consider it a hassle if you're getting paid. ^_^

You can always hire a high school or college kid...heck, even someone

that's trustworthy, in need of some easy $, to do it for you.

The For Sale/Rent to Own ones have been staying up until I take them down.

I had a house for sale, locally, whereby my signs stayed up until I told

the seller to take them down...as I kept getting calls from them.

One was an 18X24 sign in the yard, with 2 smaller directionals.

These stayed up approx. 2 weeks.

Here of late, I haven't been using any We Buy Houses signs.

Those don't seem to last as long, given all the envious and non-productive

real estate agents in the area. :rolleyes: . I suppose they have more time on

their hands these days, so removing my signs seems to fill that void.

To remedy this, I'll put on my Clint Eastwood outfit and Hang 'Em High.

How bout:

RENT TO OWN

50% RENT CREDITS

NO BANL QUAL.

FREE SWINE FLU VACCINATION

I'm sure there are already some Swine Flu scams circulating. Especially here in FL. :glare:

Dion, I don't personally take that approach. But your question gave me a reason to do a Google search for tired landlords, and there were all sorts of ideas that might work for you. Give it a look.

Im trying to come up with a card or flyer to hunt these tired suckers out. :blink: They need me more than I need them.