The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
dionwisn

Cold Calls,DM, Emails

Im trying to come up with a card or flyer to hunt these tired suckers out. :blink: They need me more than I need them.

Yes, they do. That's the right attitude. Keep it in mind when talking with homeowners. :)

Anybody know of a good message to send out to tired landlords?

Here is an article I dug up on where and how to find tired landlords.

You can use this as it's written in the article, to "consult" or offer a service to evict problem tenants.

OR

You can use this to "get your foot in the door" to structure a SLO or CA.

I'd opt for the latter.

Not only will you make more $ per deal, but it's possible that you could get repeat business

from the same landlord (they usually own more than 1), by structuring a CA on each of their properties.

Good luck.

I ran across something new this week and though I'd ask for opinions. Does the idea of putting your business on the backs of paper receips sound like a good idea. I found a company who places them on the backs of store receipts for around $280 for one month at two stores. Every time someone buys something my business ad would be on the back. I just dont know how effective this would be compared to Direct at the same cost.

My first question is what stores? Are the customers of these stores going to be interested in your services?

My second question is can you get a trial run? $280 for an unknown entity is an expensive shot in the dark, in my opinion.

It's worth a trial run, but I believe there are other ways to get a better return on your money. A Realtor friend of mine had a similar arrangement with a local grocery store chain. They put her ad on some of their shopping carts (on the little flap that covers the kiddie leg holes), and she got ads that printed on the back of receipts. Her thought was that at least her name was out there for people to see. She spent over $200 a month for three stores to do this, and in six months hadn't got a single lead from them. It may depend on the store/business and their clientele. That kind of advertising doesn't seem worth $200+ every month.

I'm not sure if others are like me, but barely look at any receipt I get.

I quickly glance to make sure everything adds up and the final sales price

reflects what I was told or what the register rang up.

After that, I chunk it (unless it's a business expense/write off).

Given this, there's no way I look at the back of any of my receipts.

If anything, I'd want my ad on the front of the receipts.

I'm like you, Jason.

I never ever look at the back of any receipts, I don't even look at the front of them either..(don't know if I under pay or over pay for my items) :lol:

I still think a good free and cool idea would be to personalize your checks with your website address on it, ph number and a graphic to attract attention and then use checks to pay for everything (groceries, gas, bills, tips, movies, rent, mortgage, cell, tickets, etc) .. I make my payments online but wouldn't mind testing paying with personal checks..

Heck, I'd even write a check for up to $2 and mail it to all the FSBO / FRBO to invite homeowners to a cup of coffee to discuss their house for sale or for rent <_<

Something like: www.FreeForHomeOwners.com (just made it up.. don't know if is legit name) how hard is it to remember a name like that?

BEV!

Guest jvmccall

Stick with what works... 1) calls & emails to For Rent By Owner ads, 2) direct mail / postcards to absentee owners and expired listings.

You definitely can get a better bang for your buck with phone calls (voice blast), emails & direct mail.

whats working out there for you guys. Im seeing a shift where im at, in homeowners selling confidence. There less likely to entertain a lease option. I started this stuff when the bottom hit and sellers were desperate, now its the opposite. Im lucky if I can average a completed deal every 4 months. I dont know if its me or the change in the market. I'll continue to keep at it, because im not a quiter. But my efforts are slowly fading. Are you witnessing the same? B)

whats working out there for you guys. Im seeing a shift where im at, in homeowners selling confidence. There less likely to entertain a lease option. I started this stuff when the bottom hit and sellers were desperate, now its the opposite. Im lucky if I can average a completed deal every 4 months. I dont know if its me or the change in the market. I'll continue to keep at it, because im not a quiter. But my efforts are slowly fading. Are you witnessing the same? :lol:

Dont everyone respond at once now. So I guess everyone is either wheeling and dealin and raking in the dough, or their back working a J.O.B. at starbucks just to keep afloat. B)

Dion, there has not been a change in the market. Inventories are still bloated, prices are still falling, (albeit at a slower rate), foreclosures are still rising, unemployment is at 10%, lenders are as tight as a crab's ass underwater, and the latest sales figures are down, this despite the latest government gimmick of the home buyers tax credit which expires April 30.

So where this irrational seller confidence is coming from is beyond my ability to figure. I suggest you keep tabs on these folks and revisit with them in two months time, when their properties are still sitting unsold.