The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Well whaddya know

As I mentioned in the marketing forum I've been running a little kijiji ad campaign since the 17th. I should have been keeping better track of things but I think I've got about 20 replies which I responded in turn with a nice follow-up email explaining what I do. The results so far are:

Good

1 emailed contract

1 other seller waiting for me to email contract

2 more sellers wanting 'official' offers

Bad

1 seller wanting contract before even discussing terms (yeah, sure)

1 realtor

Ugly

1 nasty reply and threat of 'calling my lawyer' (LOL!)

Honorable Mention

1 seller who was ready to sign but had offer on new house fall through

All-in-all I'd say those are some stellar results in less than a week from a campaign that is 100% free and takes a few minutes a day to maintain. Whether it will continue is anyone's guess. I'll probably have to rotate my ad to keep it fresh, and of course I need to expand into other sites. The potential profit on these deals is between $2k (for the smallest CA by itself) up to about $16k for all of them, that's with splitting the option fee with the sellers for handling the showings.

$16k of potential profits from 6 days of free advertising. How many home businesses can offer that? Oops, better stop, I'm starting to sound like an infomercial :o

That's a damn fine showing, Doug! Seems like you are into the heads of your fellow Canadians, after all.

It's also reassuring for me to see that you, too, have the occasional request for a copy of your contracts and the threat of some idiot's attack lawyer nipping my ankle. :o

$16k of potential profits from 6 days of free advertising. How many home businesses can offer that? Oops, better stop, I'm starting to sound like an infomercial ;)
Indeed. Can a gold Rolex be far behind?

PS: I moved this to the Marketing Forum because I am the all powerful Admin it seems like a better fit.

Nice going Doug!!!

$16k of potential profits from 6 days of free advertising. How many home businesses can offer that? Oops, better stop, I'm starting to sound like an infomercial
Maybe you can star in MC's next infomercial. :o

> Well whaddya know, motivated sellers do exist in Canada

But not, apparently, in Florida. I cloned your ad with minor changes (replacing "24 hours" with "fast") and received zero replies. I recall you complaining that what worked here in the States wasn't working for you in Canada. I guess the reverse can also be true.

Sorry to here that randian. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why one thing works in one area or at a certain time and not in another.

For me the replies keep on rolling in, I think I've got about 15 more so far this week. But still no signed contracts not even from the most interested sellers from last week.

. . .For me the replies keep on rolling in, I think I've got about 15 more so far this week. But still no signed contracts not even from the most interested sellers from last week.
Sometimes the work we do today pays off in the form of a deal many months down the road. I mentioned in another thread the other day that I received a reply to an email I sent out to a homeowner on Craig's List back in May, 2008. :rolleyes:

Sorry to here that randian. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why one thing works in one area or at a certain time and not in another.

For me the replies keep on rolling in, I think I've got about 15 more so far this week. But still no signed contracts not even from the most interested sellers from last week.

What does your ad consist of?

Guest Diver

Doug, You don't actually cash them out within 24 hours do you? Or do you say you'll have a deal for them(new buyer) in30-60-90 days and they'll be cashed out when the option is exersized. Diver

For this ad I follow up with an email that explains the way I buy (LP) and that weeds out the unreasonable. I'm fully capable of buying their house in 24 hours, just have to send them the contract and have them sign it and send it back. But so far no one has wanted to move that fast.

For this ad I follow up with an email that explains the way I buy (LP) and that weeds out the unreasonable. I'm fully capable of buying their house in 24 hours, just have to send them the contract and have them sign it and send it back. But so far no one has wanted to move that fast.

But what your saying is by "buying their house" with in 24hrs you mean "buying" it as a lease option and then from there you will do a CA or Sublet.....Right?

btw like your ad :rolleyes:

But what your saying is by "buying their house" with in 24hrs you mean "buying" it as a lease option and then from there you will do a CA or Sublet.....Right?

Right!