The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Well whaddya know

I long ago gave up trying to figure out why, when, and how things happen. I just deal with the results. I've gone a week and a half with zero response to an ad for a property for rent, for example, then all of a sudden that same ad will receive six replies in two days. :D Go figure.

This weekend has been unbelievable. I think I'm at somewhere around 20 replies just today. Still searching for the actual MOTIVATED sellers in the crowd. Meanwhile I went to the appointment I had today and of course the seller was a no show. New company policy... I will not meet with any sellers until they have signed and returned a completed contract. I've been slowly moving in this direction for a long time as each meeting with a lying unmotivated seller led to greater and greater annoyance on my part.

BTW randian, make sure you're spreading your ads around. I've had lots of replies from some cities and nothing from others.

No shows suck. The bane of our business. :D In the meantime, insist on having the homeowner call you when they are on their way to the property before you even leave for the appointment yourself.