The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lhenley

Yellow Letter Marketing

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the marketing idea of sending a hand written letter to FSBO's. The "Yellow Letter" is writen on yellow-ruled paper using a red pen. I know from experience and this will pull calls when you say you want to buy the house, but has anyone used this concept when pitching Lease Purchase?

If you've used this, what verbage did you use and what kind of results did you get?

Thanks,

Lynn (FL)

I've heard and red a bit about the Yellow Letter technique. Isn't this a Ron LeGrand strategy? Not having ever tried it, what is the theory behind using red ink on yellow paper? And what are the results for those of you who have tried this?

The idea may have started with LeGrand, but one of his students has taken it to the next level. When I was in the "I Buy Houses" mode, looking for property to wholesale, I'd get a 30-40% response rate on my mailings. Naturally, I could only work with a few, for different reasons, but my phone was ringing, which is what it's all about.

I don't know the thinking behind the red ink on yellow paper, other than it really jumps out at you. You hand address the envelope, also, so it looks like a personal letter.

Lynn (FL)

Not having ever tried it, what is the theory behind using red ink on yellow paper?

You tell me :rolleyes:

post-711-1235696566.jpg

BEV!

Not having ever tried it, what is the theory behind using red ink on yellow paper?

You tell me :rolleyes:

post-711-1235696566.jpg

BEV!

Well, I do it to attract babes. . .and we can see how well it works. But I was curious about the results when fishing for homeowners. ^_^