The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Kyle-OH

Check Credit on T/B's? If so Application Fee?

Michael,

How and where do you get your credit reports?

I have a way where I get paid anywhere from $17-26 per

submitted application, but was wondering what the other folks

were doing.

Also, are these mandatory for every T/B you deal with?

I'm aware that it weeds through the tire kickers and also

adds to the beer fund.

Thanks

I usually collect $27 for each T/B. I get my reports from www.mrlandlord.com. Cam Dunlap at www.findtheseller.com also has credit/background checks as well as criminal background checks.

Bill

I usually collect $27 for each T/B. I get my reports from www.mrlandlord.com. Cam Dunlap at www.findtheseller.com also has credit/background checks as well as criminal background checks.

Bill

Whats up with the site inspection? Did you have to do that and are there any sites out there that you can run t/b's credit without going through the site inspection???

Michael,

How and where do you get your credit reports?

You can do a Google search for tenant credit checks, or tenant background checks, or something similar and you will find thousands upon thousands to select from. These companies have tightened up, though, due to the surge in identity fraud and such. Many now require all sorts of background info on you before you can get any on someone else. You can try www.aaacredit.net, just to name one that I have used.

Are you just doing credit checks, or are you doing any type of employment/income verification, rental history, criminal background checks as well?

Usually, just a credit check is purchased. Their rental app will give me references, employment history, etc. If I want to do so I can follow up with the information provided. On the other hand, if I am so uncertain about the applicant that I feel a need to delve really deep into their background, I'll probably pass on them anyway.

So the $25 collected isn't going towards the beer fund? :rolleyes:

Rather, it's to pay for the credit report?

Bill

Whats up with the site inspection? Did you have to do that and are there any sites out there that you can run t/b's credit without going through the site inspection???

Hi Kyle -

Yep, had to go through the "site inspection." That has to do with receiving credit information on your tenants. I understand it's the process that anyone would have to go through in order to obtain credit info (legally, anyway :rolleyes: ). It's a PITA, but the credit reports are about the cheapest that I have found.

If you get your info at www.findtheseller.com, you might notice that they run background checks, employment verification, etc., but do not require the "site inspection." That's because they don't offer credit information on your t/bs.

Bill

Hi Kyle -

Yep, had to go through the "site inspection." That has to do with receiving credit information on your tenants. I understand it's the process that anyone would have to go through in order to obtain credit info (legally, anyway :rolleyes: ). It's a PITA, but the credit reports are about the cheapest that I have found.

If you get your info at www.findtheseller.com, you might notice that they run background checks, employment verification, etc., but do not require the "site inspection." That's because they don't offer credit information on your t/bs.

What did the site inspection consist of?... Can I tell them that I am considering on lease my own personal home and want to be able to run credit checks???

Once they fill out application and if I like what I read I will take them to my mortgage broker he pulls credit.

I will check references along with eviction history from clerk of court. Run them through the Sexual Predator check.

Bill

Hi Kyle -

What did the site inspection consist of?... Can I tell them that I am considering on lease my own personal home and want to be able to run credit checks???

The "site inspection" consisted of someone coming out to make sure that I was at the address that I listed on my application. The verified my name and mailing address. I told them I was an RE investor and had property that I was leasing and needed to run credit checks. I was "approved" the same day.

Here's another service that is being offered. It came across my radar a few weeks back. I haven't tried them yet, but I will. Seems to fit our needs for running a background check on an applicant: Transunion Smartmove.