The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Natasha

What do before the deal

Guest Natasha

Quick question, before I do my first deal, should I set a LLC? Which type of Corporation is best? If I dont have one, would it be wise for the TB to sign over a check to me in my personal name?

Natasha Wade-Williams

718 898 8765

info@jontash-investments.com

Natasha, it is always preferable not to do real estate transactions in your personal name. Doing so puts your personal assets and credit on the line. And even though we go into these deals with the best of intentions, in these times of litigation lotto, too many things can go wrong. Protect yourself.

Depending upon your personal situation and the state you reside, there is no one best way to protecting yourself. Ask around of other investors to see what they recommend, for starters. Then, run it by an attorney or a CPA to get some professional opinions.

Here in Florida, as in many states these days, setting up an LLC is all of five minutes online.

Here in Florida, as in many states these days, setting up an LLC is all of five minutes online.

Where? How?

Point me..........thanks. B)

The website is here. But, looking at it to verify that the link I just posted was correct, I noticed they changed it around quite a bit. It's not nearly as user friendly as it used to be. Still, that's the place to go for LLC info and formation. You might be better off just calling the number listed on the site for some live help.

Will do...............thank you.

Possible deals this month. Got some interest this week from e-mails to Buyowner.com. B)

sold! :P