The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
NoTiceViCtor

Polishing soon

Hello Everyone!

I took Jason's (AL) advice to take some time for my family. My dad's surgery was a success and he's doing much better now, and my wife is going to wait for her gallstones to be removed until the baby is born... Now I am back and on track.

This week I met up with a mortgage broker with 28 years of experience, and she informed me about all different kinds of things I can do to buy my first home, (BUT I know I can't afford it :huh: lol). I mentioned I am also interested in the investing side. She told me more about that, also. Then I led her to the best part, but didn't get much of it, which Leasing. An hour and twenty minutes later our meeting left on a good note. That was my 3rd meeting with a Mortgage broker and she was the best one I've talked to. Must have been because I was prepared. The goal here is to establish a business relationship, where if she had someone that doesn't qualify for a loan but is still interested in purchasing one she can give me a call and send them my way. When they are ready to close then they can close with her. :)

Today at 4- 6 pm (PS time) I am going to practice and polish my scripts from the manual. I'll call the ones that I believe won't be interested first, then move on to the best ones. I'm nervous just thinking about calling them! :angry::(

Tomorrow I'll call more at 11 am. Wish me luck!

-Victor

P.S How long did it take to sound natural and not canned when using these scripts?

Hi, Victor. Glad to hear your dad is doing fine, and that your wife and the baby are on track to good health, also.

It's smart of you to cement some relationships with a mortgage broker or two. Do the same with a Realtor or two, (not easy), and you'll begin to establish some folks you can turn to when you need help in their respective areas of know how.

As for using a script, any script, I'm always hesitant to recommend them. You don't want to sound like you're reading from a teleprompter. You'll turn off the homeowner. Be youself and use the script as nothing more than a guideline. I assure you you'll be bad at first and blow the first few phone calls. You'll be stiff and awkward. So what? Everyone here has been through that. Everyone here has made that first dreaded phone call, and sucked at it. Why should you be any different? The bottom line is there is no education like experience, and no short cuts to that experience. So make your calls, get kicked around a bit, come here for some relief, and you'll be on your way.