The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Why Oh Why Is Life So UNFAIR?!

Why, oh why is life so unfair?

I mean, I can walk to McDonalds any time and eat... I can even walk to Mexican restaurants to go eat.

I can also go like only a few miles to Oriental restaurants, French and Middle Eastern restaurants and eat.. BUT..

When it comes to eating WHAT I LIKE TO EAT WHICH IS "CUBAN DISH", I have to drive for hours, go over bay bridge, pay for the toll and then pay $10 parking !!! :rolleyes: WHY, WHY, WHY?????!!!

I LOVE CUBAN RESTAURANTS BUT I AIN'T GOT ANY OF THEM AROUND HERE. THEY ARE SO HARD TO GET TO AND ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND AURRRGGGHHH ;)

I've been craving CUBAN dish for like all my life and CAN NOT have it when I want it. I WANT CUBAN AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

I can not hold it any longer, this isn't even funny anymore :angry:

Okay, I feel better now... no, wait! I DON'T FEEL BETTER UNTIL I GET MY CUBAN!!!! :angry:

food_plate4.jpgdining.jpg

BEV! :wacko:

Even more so down my way. And if you go another twenty miles south of me, you're on Calle Ocho, the heart of Little Havana. Where a man can find a good meal, a cigar, a cafecito, and a waitress all for under $20! ¡Viva la revolución!

YOU ARE BOTH SO FORTUNATE!!!

I Envy You Both.

When are you hunks gonna invite me over to your part of the world for a week so I can be in paradise with my Cuban dishes?

Breakfast, lunch and dinner.. hmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

I've never had the so called Cuban "cafecito", what's so special about it?

BEV!

When are you hunks gonna invite me over to your part of the world for a week so I can be in paradise with my Cuban dishes?
As soon as my wife is out of town one weekend, Bev, you're on the clock.

It's a Cuban thing, I suppose. Small, espresso cups filled with hot, syrupy, sweet, and very strong coffee. I'm OK with it when the mood strikes.

It's a Cuban thing, I suppose. Small, espresso cups filled with hot, syrupy, sweet, and very strong coffee.
Syrupy? For reals? :angry: That sounds good!

Which reminds me of this past Monday, I went to Burger King for breakfast and asked for a cup of coffee and the lady gave me a HUGE cup filled with coffee.

Heck, I don't drink coffee to begin with but I was craving it that day... I told the lady I wanted to drink coffee, NOT bathe in it ;)

Long story short, I spilled the DING tub of coffee all over me and all over the table and floor... geeeeeeesh I guess I did end up bathing in coffee after all :glare:

BEV!

Why, oh why is life so unfair?

I mean, I can walk to McDonalds any time and eat... I can even walk to Mexican restaurants to go eat.

I can also go like only a few miles to Oriental restaurants, French and Middle Eastern restaurants and eat.. BUT..

When it comes to eating WHAT I LIKE TO EAT WHICH IS "CUBAN DISH", I have to drive for hours, go over bay bridge, pay for the toll and then pay $10 parking !!! :angry: WHY, WHY, WHY?????!!!

I LOVE CUBAN RESTAURANTS BUT I AIN'T GOT ANY OF THEM AROUND HERE. THEY ARE SO HARD TO GET TO AND ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND AURRRGGGHHH :angry:

I've been craving CUBAN dish for like all my life and CAN NOT have it when I want it. I WANT CUBAN AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

I can not hold it any longer, this isn't even funny anymore :angry:

Okay, I feel better now... no, wait! I DON'T FEEL BETTER UNTIL I GET MY CUBAN!!!! :angry:

food_plate4.jpgdining.jpg

BEV! :wacko:

I hate to stomp on your dream there Bev but that looks like to me like Purto Rican not Cuban the bean on that white rice are not Cuban black beans and rice Now How do I know this Well I am half & half Part Cuban/ Part Italian. So when you really want to get the real Deal then come to my neck of the woods and I will treat you to Some Vaca Frita and bring MC with you God only knows I old him a dinner and he live right next door to me a bit north but still next door.LOL

. . .

Which reminds me of this past Monday, I went to Burger King for breakfast and asked for a cup of coffee and the lady gave me a HUGE cup filled with coffee.

Heck, I don't drink coffee to begin with but I was craving it that day... I told the lady I wanted to drink coffee, NOT bathe in it :angry:

Long story short, I spilled the DING tub of coffee all over me and all over the table and floor... geeeeeeesh I guess I did end up bathing in coffee after all :angry:

BEV!

I assume by how you have contacted a team of attorneys to sue BK, the girl that served the coffee, and the cup manufacturer? You are, after all, in America. :angry:

I can not hold it any longer, this isn't even funny anymore

Bev,

your gonna have to fight off my wife, but I do accents.

My boy Tony's back!

But.....

I can not hold it any longer, this isn't even funny anymore

Bev,

your gonna have to fight off my wife, but I do accents.

Tony, am I to understand that you cook a mean Cuban dish or am I to understand that YOU are the Cuban dish yourself? Which statement is it, amigo? :angry:

Megabuck, I wish I could just close my eyes and tap my shoes together and be in your guy's part of the world, I would be there every weekend LOL.... I've read so much about this vaca frita dish on this board, show me some pics to see what's it all about, what does it come with etc.

BEV!

. . .I wish I could just close my eyes and tap my shoes together and be in your guy's part of the world. . .

BEV!

Surely you can. I've always figured you were a witch. I mean, Bev and a broomstick just seem like a natural. Am I wrong?

post-1-1238364742.gif