The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Only in Florida......

Bars and restaurants in Florida have been forced to comply with a new law that makes smoking in these establishments illegal. Larry Wald, the owner of the Cathode Ray Club in Ft. Lauderdale, has introduced the Nicotini for smokers who don't want to go outside for a nicotine hit. He soaks tobacco leaves in vodka and mixes the results with other liquors for a refreshing :) pick-me-up that he has served more than 300 times in the first month of the new law. "It tastes like a cross between vodka and chewing tobacco," said one customer, adding "That's not necessarily a bad thing."

I think I'll find a cigarette butt in the street later on and dunk it in my scotch to see what I've been missing.

If you ever get a chance, watch the Penn and Teller series Bull Sh!t (on Showtime). They did an investigation into second hand smoke. The data that was used originally was skewed. There was an increase of health problems by 1.2% or .12% either way statistically that is nothing.

Whoa! Hold on there Mr. Carbonnare...before you do something like picking up a butt off the street for experiemental reasons...please consider your band of 200+ loyal members of this forum!!

Thank you for listening! :D

Andrew

P.S. Is it that we dont keep you busy enough...or is it that you are too busy with us?

P.S.S. Who is Larry Wald? :rolleyes:

Guest Guest_mamasanta25

Hello Yall,

It's been awhile. I know. I still come and read every other day here at the forum, and I have to say that I LOVE your senses of humor. (That's why I come back.) I do feel like a failure in a way, since I sort of gave up a few months back, but I know that at least I tried, and it wasn't for me, so I can't be too hard on myself. I am still in college, and I feel good about that. But I feel as though I have made friends here, and I love keeping up on what is going on around here. Great prosperity to you all.

Samantha

Hello, Samantha. It's good to hear from you again! Stop the nonsense about feeling like a failure. Every great success story is proceeded by stories of stumbling and setbacks along the way. That's what you've encountered. A twist in the road on the journey to where you belong and want to be. Don't despair, my dear.

As for you and real estate, who knows? You may very well decide to come back to it, to us, better prepared for what you need to do to succeed. Your's wouldn't be the only story like that. Many others I know, including myself, struggled with this business in the beginning and walked away. Only to regroup and try again before succeeding. You may very well find yourself in a similar situation, Samantha. In the meantime, apply yourself to school and your little one, thrive and stay well.

.....I feel as though I have made friends here, and I love keeping up on what is going on around here.
You do have friends here, and you're welcome anytime :wacko:.

Samantha,

I agree with Michael and very much like what he said. You should copy and paste the above post and then print it out!

Dont feel like a failure just because that one deal didnt go right for you. Heck, at least you had one! The closest I came was getting an old 1985 manufactured home in a park and by the wisdom and grace of God, the park manager did me a favor and shot it down.

For the time being, I found a special niche as a loan officer. I would suggest that you visit a few in your area and ask them for help. Almost everyday I come across people who are selling or interested in selling on a l/p. It is regrettable that I have to take a back seat to this (lease purchase) for now because I'm so busy funding the people who have applied for loans. Contacting some loan officers and working with them might be a good way to get started.

Last week I sat down and spent a couple hours on the computer emailing FSBO's and got two applications from it! In the marketing section (this website) look at Christian Beebe's postings and do what he says. It worked like a charm for me. If you have more questions you know what to do...ask here!! :wacko:

Also, have you joined a r.e.i club in your area? This is where I met the loan officers who got me on with US Funding. It is a great place to network and wheel and deal with other investors.

Good luck Samantha and don't ever give up! Like you, I also have a family to support and cannot afford to entertain such thoughts. Glad to hear from you and please post more!!

Andrew