The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Remember this?

MC-

Remember this ad...

AAA Credit/References. Family needs lease with purchase option in good area.

I can't believe I forgot about this ad the last few months. This morning I placed this on CL House/Apt. Wanted and received about 25 emails and phone calls today from everyone and their brother and a couple of realtors. I had to edit off my phone number and just leave my email address so I could screen the responces. My ad was...

"Family Needs A Nice House In A Good Area To Lease With A Purchase Option."

email: XXXXXX.com

I gave it a whirl! And after replying to the responces, I have three sellers from this ad today who are very motivated to speak with me. The emails are still rolling in.

Awesome, Steve!

Before heading to bed, I posted the same ad in my local areas as well...with

a bit of tweaking, of course.

Hopefully, it'll send some similar results by morning.

Good Luck Jason. Make sure you turn off your phone before heading to bed. You'll be clicking the key board hopefully tomorrow.

This was the ad from the manual suggested to be used in news paper classifieds. Back in the day of the news paper.

I've posted this ad again in 2 different cities. Let's see what kinda results it pulls in.

Do you find that people actually look at the "real estate wanted" too? I found that nobody was really calling or emailing me till I posted in the "real estate-by owner" & "apts/housing for rent" categories even though my ad read ***Wanted...etc, etc.

Do you find that people actually look at the "real estate wanted" too? I found that nobody was really calling or emailing me till I posted in the "real estate-by owner" & "apts/housing for rent" categories even though my ad read ***Wanted...etc, etc.
No typically "Real Estate Wanted" does not pull in a lot of calls. That is what so surprising. I guess it has been a while science I have used this ad and with those desperate home sellers out there I guess it explains why the responce was so good.

No typically "Real Estate Wanted" does not pull in a lot of calls. That is what so surprising. I guess it has been a while science I have used this ad and with those desperate home sellers out there I guess it explains why the responce was so good.

Science ^_^ , Steve, your making Lease Optioning harder than it needs... :wacko:

That ad is an oldie but a goodie, Steve. Back in the day that way my main source of marketing, running in my local newspaper, The Albuquerque Journal, every Sunday without fail. If I remember, it cost $12 per run. Thems was the days.

Yep, no responses from posting.

But I should have posted under a different category.

As Steve has already suggested, the Homes Wanted section

is pretty much barren...at least in my areas.

I'll be re-running the ad in more areas, as well as placing

it in just the regular real estate section.

I will note, since changing my game plan up as far as

the type of deals I'm focusing on, I have never used

this ad up until now. Having Michael's manual and

being part of the forum since '03, I was aware that

he and others have used this same verbiage with success.

Since doing the CL thing here of late, I have 3 sellers/FRBOs

to follow up with to send out some contracts. So this stuff

does work. B)

That being said...

Michael, with long distance deals, do you fax or email the agreements to sellers?

I'd want to have my name on them, to curtail their ability to use them as

blanks for themselves.

What's your regular operation with these?

Thanks!

Since doing the CL thing here of late, I have 3 sellers/FRBOs to follow up with to send out some contracts. So this stuff does work. B)
Good looking, oozes southern charm, and now with a Bernie Madoff-like bank account. Some guys have all the luck.

Michael, with long distance deals, do you fax or email the agreements to sellers? I'd want to have my name on them, to curtail their ability to use them as blanks for themselves. What's your regular operation with these?
Either or, Jason. I want the agreement quickly signed and returned to me so I have something saying we have a deal. Then this is followed up with hard copies via the USPS. But noboby gets blank contracts.

Good looking, oozes southern charm, and now with a Bernie Madoff-like bank account. Some guys have all the luck.

Aw shucks... ^_^

Either or, Jason. I want the agreement quickly signed and returned to me so I have something saying we have a deal. Then this is followed up with hard copies via the USPS. But noboby gets blank contracts.

Cool.

So when you're doing a CA/Consultation, you send the contract copies

to the seller through the USPS with your signature already on there?

They would then mail this back to you?

Would faxing be appropriate/legal/still be the same either or?

Also, when it's time to assign everything over to the TB, do you just

make copies of the originals and send them the copies, while you keep the

originals?

This would seem to save more trees and time as opposed to having everyone sign

the same thing 3 different times.

I was wondering how everything was signed off and dispersed.

The 2 CAs I did back in '04 wasn't as organized, to say the least. B)

So when you're doing a CA/Consultation, you send the contract copies to the seller through the USPS with your signature already on there?

They would then mail this back to you?

Exactly. But again, this is after having already secured the deal with a faxed copy in my possession.

Would faxing be appropriate/legal/still be the same either or?
My understanding is that a signed and faxed copy is legally binding.

Also, when it's time to assign everything over to the TB, do you just make copies of the originals and send them the copies, while you keep the

originals? This would seem to save more trees and time as opposed to having everyone sign the same thing 3 different times.

My preference is to have three original sets, one each for the homeowner, myself, and the t/b.

(To clarify, there are three documents for the CA. The CA Residential Lease Agreement, the Option to Purchase Agreement, and the CA Assignment of Agreement.)

Hi all...I'm new to the site and enjoying all the information in these forums!

Anyway, assuming sellers contact you on this ad, how do you follow up? I mean, at the least you're giving them the impression that you're a family looking for a home to lease and possibly buy down the road. How do you minimize that when you hear back from them? Do you minimize it?

I can imagine some intense verbal gymnastics being involved when your t/b shows up at the home with his U-Haul instead of you showing up.

I had this same question when I bought Joe Kaiser's L/O course...in which he advocates sending tired landlords letters telling them what an excellent tenant he is, even though he has no intention of leasing their property himself.

Sorry if I seem naive...just want to have myself covered in the event this ad converts at all...

Dave

Hello, David, and welcome to The Naked Investor!

You dug up an older thread, I see. But a good question, nonetheless. You absolutely must tell the homeowner from the get-go who you are and what you're doing. In the first sixty seconds, before the homeowner brings it up, I am making a point of telling them what I am looking for and what I am doing. If they're not interested, it's a quick phone call and good bye, and I move on. Saves everyone time and aggravation.