The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
paul80424

Bird Dogging

Hi,

I wanted to know what investors want bird dogs to find? Can you please be detailed?

I was driving over this past weekend, and found a couple of really ugly houses. I really don't have to money to do a rehab, or experience. But figured that I could bird dog it. Or another option I guess would be wholesaling? Either way if someone could help me I would appreciate it.

Paul Maynard

paul@benefits-choice.com

(303) 932-6312

I wanted to know what investors want bird dogs to find?
Profitable properties, of course. Each investor will have his/her own preferences and requirements. Why not contact a few and ask for their specifics?
I was driving over this past weekend, and found a couple of really ugly houses. I really don't have to money to do a rehab, or experience. But figured that I could bird dog it. Or another option I guess would be wholesaling? Either way if someone could help me I would appreciate it.
While those ugly houses are a problem for their present owner, they are an opportunity for you, Paul. You already mentioned wholesaleing as one possibility. What about leasing optioning that property and then assigning the contract? If the terms are right, there will be no shortage of interested third parties to take it off your hands. Also, you could try a Pure Option and, again, assigning your interest in the deal to another.

I also have found several properties but what I need is advice on finding these third parties to take my deals to. Any advice? Thanks!

*If the terms are right, there will be no shortage of interested third parties to take it off your hands. Also, you could try a Pure Option and, again, assigning your interest in the deal to another.*

JMH3, you'll first need to get the property or properties under contract, using contracts that are assignable. This will allow you to sell/flip them to a third party without homeowner approval. Once you have the properties under control, you then need to get the word out: marketing, in other words. Let everyone know what you've got, and what a deal it is. Believe me, if the terms and the deal are good, you'll have no problem unloading them.

JMH3, you'll first need to get the property or properties under contract, using contracts that are assignable.  This will allow you to sell/flip them to a third party without homeowner approval.  Once you have the properties under control, you then need to get the word out:  marketing, in other words.  Let everyone know what you've got, and what a deal it is.  Believe me, if the terms and the deal are good, you'll have no problem unloading them.

Geez!

Sorry, it appears I left something out...DOH!

Thanks for the advice Mr.C!

The operative term here is "control" as opposed to just "find".

In my neck of the woods, there is a National Company with the mascot named "UG": and "UG buys Ugly Houses." They have billboards all over EVERYWHERE.

One of my new strategies is to find the ugly/nasty houses (well......not TOO TOO bad) and get them under contract before they do. Then, I'm going to call UG and see if he'll take the contract off my hands for a few grand.

Homebuyers or Homevestors have franchises everywhere and I'm betting there's one not too far from you.

Real estate without getting your hands dirty. And with MC's Pure Option and other Contracts, there should be no reason you can't do something like this every week or every month, at least !

Rich,

One of my new strategies is to find the ugly/nasty houses (well......not TOO TOO bad) and get them under contract before they do.

When they say UGLY, they mean UGLY! The uglier the better for a rehabber.