The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jason (AL)

You market to these?

Just wondering if any of you are marketing to

those that are open to renting and/or selling.

Here's an example ad:

3 bedroom, 2 bath house for rent. $950/mo, $950 deposit. Sign a lease before April 1, 2009 get half off the first months rent. Nice size fenced back yard, rents with appliances. Ask for an emailed application or appt to see. Will sell, rent, or lease-purchase. Priced to move if buying. This house only needs three things: Y, O, and U...Your cat stays free.

It would seem that this would be an ideal lead to make an

offer on.

On the other hand, the ad seems like it's by someone with some experience.

Of course, it's not going to hurt anything by responding (I did, by the way), but just wondering your

thoughts and experiences and also how to get them to play ball by allowing

you into the picture should a CA be in mind.

Yeah, this is true.

My thoughts are, "If they're already offering

a lease purchase, then why do they need me?"

As of right now, I'm not marketing to agents

and property management companies.

Jason, I always hit up these homeowners when I see an ad where they say "For Sale or Rent". You already know they aren't hung up on being cashed out, so that usual obstacle is out of the way. And don't assume because they are advertising this way that it means they are knowledgeable about a lease purchase. Based on my experience they probably aren't, and certainly not to the extent that we are. If they're open minded and serious there's a good chance for a deal. In any event, the email you send them is free and but a minute of your time.

And, yeah, I skip past Agents and management companies, too.

I wouldn't think so. What can you offer them that they aren't already doing?
And in addition, the property management will have one LESS customer when the option is exercised in a yr or two.. Is a no go for property managements for me too.

I keep it simple and clean (not messy)

My dominatrix philosophy is to market to people who are NOT looking for what I have to offer.

That's why I market to FRBO because they are not looking to sell their house.

When I introduce the CA to them, they get excited because is a total new approach for them with a rewarding ending, so in my opinion, the chances for a FRBO to go for a CA is greater in this case. :mellow:

BEV!

When you introduce the CA to them do you build rapport first? I am having difficult in finding my natural phone script per Se. First I've just bluntly said I am with a property management company and they hang up or just say NO :mellow: So I tried asking about their house first and then I say "Sounds like you have a wonderful house would you be interested in a lease purchase?"... and Nada. These have been only some calls to the FSBO, I have not called FRBO's. Is it more productive on a FRBO?

- Victor

I am having difficult in finding my natural phone script per Se. First I've just bluntly said I am with a property management company and they hang up or just say NO :angry:
LOL don't take it personal is just that they probably think you're gonna charge them a fee to rent their house like all other property managements, that's all.

There are 3 titles homeowners do not tolerate in my local area..

Title #1: Property Management (the caller hangs up instantly)

Title #2: Investor (caller says "scam" and hangs up)

Title #3: Agent/Realtor (the caller hangs up and runs for his life)

I'm sure those titles work in other areas though but not in mine. :glare:

I have not called FRBO's. Is it more productive on a FRBO?
It works for me, is my gifted niche ;)

BEV!

PS. Love your avatar

PS. Love your avatar

Yeah I got it in my garage ;)

There are 3 titles homeowners do not tolerate in my local area..

Interesting :angry: How? I can't see how you can get around that without mentioning it. Can I say I have a wife who is expecting our first child and saw their house and we love the house that we want a good deal on it? :glare: What's your strategy?

- Victor

..Interesting ;) How? I can't see how you can get around that without mentioning it.
Goes to show how tuff I have it here :glare:

There are other labels to use such as : Professional, Consultant, etc.

Can I say I have a wife who is expecting our first child and saw their house and we love the house that we want a good deal on it? :angry: What's your strategy?

Just to give you an idea. of what I mean, . here's how my biz card reads for the FRBO

My Name

My title

cell phone

email and fax

(my quote is)

" Long Term Quality Tenants,

Committed To Care For Your Home,

With Goals To Cash You Out One Day

Full Price For Your Home They'll Pay"

---That's The Rent To Own Way!

Is just a teaser to get their attention which works very sweet.

The same would apply for the convo as well

BEV!