The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
-Tony-

I know what a motivated caller is

I guy called last night 3 times, and again today.

Him: I saw your flier and thought you might be able to help me out. I have a House I need to sell quickly, like in a couple of days I am XXX my number is XXX-XXXX.

Left that message 2 times yesterday hung up once, and again today although today he told me where he was. So I called him back to tell him I don't invest in that area but maybe birddog it. Here is a summation.

I explained I don't invest in that area but I may know someone that could help you. (Now there is no pressure on my part about screwing up)

So I just started with straightforward questions about the property. (Boom) as I asked about back payments the floodgate opened he told me his entire problem. I assured him that it was okay (at the beginning of the call he asked about my voicemail saying I am not able to help everyone or buy every house something like that). I explained this is one of those times where we might be able to help.

I told him "to be honest the way it will probably work is the investor I refer to you will have you deed him the property but keep the mortgage in your name, WHICH WILL help you out in the long run with your credit (it was a smooth transition). He thought this was the greatest thing since sliced cheese.

Here are the numbers

Built: 2000

Sq. ft.: 2,300

Owes: 123,651 including 2,500 back payment

Bed and Bath: 4/ 2 1/2

Garage: ? (Forgot to ask prob 2 cars at least 1 for that area)

Mortgage payment: 1,200 PITI

Tax assessment: 140k (just off assessment should be 170-175k house)

Appraised: ?

Comps: ?

Bought: 2.5 yrs ago

Maybe I ought to get this myself..... :rolleyes:

I now Know What a motivated caller is....he is ready to sign anything

I now Know What a motivated caller is....he is ready to sign anything
Tony, I can't count the number of times I am asked "How do I know if the seller is motivated?" My answer is always a somewhat vague and probably unsatisfactory "Believe me, you'll know." Your post illustrates clearly what I've been saying all along.
Maybe I ought to get this myself
Which leads me to my question: Yes, why don't you grab it yourself?

MC,

Which leads me to my question: Yes, why don't you grab it yourself?

Several factors come into play here

1. I didn't expect my marketing to reach out to someone a 1.25 - 1.5 Hrs away

2. Lack of Paperwork to do sub to

3. Goes toward #1, but I just don't know the area that well

4. To be honest comfort level

So, if I could pass to someone else for a fee, paperwork used and hold on to his or her shirt tales as they go through this one, I think I would be better off.

Does This make sence....oh I mean dollars :rolleyes: