The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
bpmiller2

Seller wants to do conder a straight rental

I had a seller that I am doing a CA for and I brought by a potential tenant/buyer to show the house last night. While we were there the tenant/buyer said that he would be more comfortable do a straight rental instead of rent-to-own. Well, the seller overheard this and contact me this morning saying that she would be willing to do the straight rental if that is all he wanted to do. Although I told her this would not be a good idea since she is moving to another house out of state, but she insists that she does not want to chance not finding someone before she moves. Luckily she does not have this guy's conatact info or she might cut me out of the deal all together. So, as far as charging a fee for doing the straight rental, should I charge equivalant to one month's rent? Should I use the consultation agreement to do this?

Consultation Agreement

and/or

Just sign a lease with the homeowner and assign it to the tenant.

So, as far as charging a fee for doing the straight rental, should I charge equivalant to one month's rent?

It's negotiable.

A full month...half a month...etc.

Just whatever works and everyone is comfortable with.

Just make sure it's worth your time.

Miller, what Jason said. Start with a month's rent as your fee, which is standard. You can always come down a bit if necessary. But don't, unless you must.