The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
bpmiller2

Working with banks REOs to lease purchase

I wanted to know if anyone has, or has heard of someone, working directly with the banks REOs to lease purchase? The reason I ask is b/c I talked to a guy that works with a lease purchase company here in my area and he said that because banks are so loaded with these non-performing assets that they are desperate to get rid of them, therefore they are now considering creative options such as lease purchases. If this were true, I would have to assume this was local banks and not the monster mega banks. I am planning on meeting with this guy at a networking event later this week and plan to dig further into this, but I wanted to ask if anyone here as had any success doing this and if so, how are your presenting this to the banks?

Based on my experience, I find it hard to believe that any bank would get into becoming property managers, which is what this gent is telling you. They need to unload their bad assets, not go creative and hold them long term. I'd be very interested to hear of any banks doing this from someone who actually has a deal in hand to prove it.